InvoicePlane 1.5.0 Beta 4 - Please help testing!

As I don’t know what exactly happened I would not consider using any data of this particular database.

Found a few little bugs :slight_smile:

• When i choose to give some discount on an invoice the sum will be correct, but there is no information that there was given a discount (in € or in %):

• When i want to mail a quote i get the same error as posted above - but here i get it also when i choose no template at all:

An Error Was Encountered
    The action you have requested is not allowed.

• When starting a new project the form fields are not among each other. (macOS 10.12, Safari) (https://cl.ly/2t3D0e0n3O0O)

I just installed beta3 as a clean install and started doing invoices. When emailing the invoice i get the following error:

An Error Was Encountered

Unable to load the requested class: Zugferdxml

Any idea what that means?

I suspect its something with the PDF standard that is implimented

Also when i make custom fields in the client database and want this fields to display in the email template, i get the following errors:

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: helpers/template_helper.php

Line Number: 56

Backtrace:

File: /home/spectec2/ebooksacc.spectech-it.co.za/application/helpers/template_helper.php
Line: 56
Function: _error_handler

File: /home/spectec2/ebooksacc.spectech-it.co.za/application/helpers/mailer_helper.php
Line: 59
Function: parse_template

File: /home/spectec2/ebooksacc.spectech-it.co.za/application/modules/mailer/controllers/Mailer.php
Line: 130
Function: email_invoice

File: /home/spectec2/ebooksacc.spectech-it.co.za/index.php
Line: 333
Function: require_once

Backtrace:

File: /home/spectec2/ebooksacc.spectech-it.co.za/application/helpers/template_helper.php

File: /home/spectec2/ebooksacc.spectech-it.co.za/application/helpers/mailer_helper.php

File: /home/spectec2/ebooksacc.spectech-it.co.za/application/modules/mailer/controllers/Mailer.php

Backtrace:

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/spectec2/ebooksacc.spectech-it.co.za/vendor/codeigniter/framework/system/core/Exceptions.php:271)

Filename: helpers/url_helper.php

Line Number: 564

Backtrace:

Line: 133
Function: redirect

Theemail then sends but the data for those custom fields are not displayed in the email body.

This is so dumb. I added the custom fields to the email template tags but forgot to add support in the template engine. :expressionless:
Will implement this for the final version.

Cool thanks man. Any idea if you going to implement a statement of sorts where you can email a monthly statement to customers?

I don’t know what you mean with that monthly statement. But there will no new features be implemented into this version. Feel free to add a post in the feature request category with a detailed description.

i have same issue into 1.4 and beta (also with fresh install)
all install steps are greenflagged
i am able to login into the system and navigate almost anything
issue: not able to create any quote (wich i do not use anyway) and new invoices
i crete a short video to show the issue

The video does not help very much. Could you plese post more information from the logs? (see FAQ for more info)

i tried as describedf into the faq
here is the log
https://paste.invoiceplane.com/view/f4eb1461

By changing the file modules/setup/models/Mdl_setup.php like described by Araziel, I was able to migrate from 1.4.10 to .1.5.0 without corrupting the database.
I tested after the migration and found some issues that I would like to share with you;

1. Logo’s are missing after migration. (Not a real issue. Should have saved directory uploads)
  2. Settings>Projects: unable to set an amount with decimals like ( 35,45 €).
  3. Error after editing a customer record (same as entry 100 in this thread).
  4. From a customer list you can create a quote but not an invoice (options>create invoice).
  5. From the view of a specific customer, when you click Create invoice, the customer is not shown in the popup like it is when creating a quote. So you have to select the customer again.
  6. Although a customer does not have an e-mail address configured, it is possible to sent an invoice. I think this should not be possible or at least throw a warning.
  7. After the migration the SMTP mail settings are all saved except for the password. This should be re-entered to get SMTP mail work again…
  8. Custom fields for customer are shown in e-mail template but are not converted to sent e-mail. This has been mentioned before i think.

Could somebody help me with the format of the new custom fields, I’ve stood up an install of 1.5.0 beta 3 using a backup of my 1.4.0 install and the only thing I cannot get working are my custom templates. In 1.4.0 I created a number of custom fields, for example;

($invoice->client_custom_contact)

But the templates are showing errors now, for example;

stdClass::$client_custom_contact
Filename: pdf/thomserve-default.php
Line Number: 68
Backtrace:
File:
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\invoiceplane\application\vie
ws\invoice_templates\pdf\thomserve-default.php
Line: 68
File:
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\invoiceplane\application\thir
d_party\MX\Loader.php
Line: 404
Function: include
File:
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\invoiceplane\application\thir
d_party\MX\Loader.php
Line: 365
Function: _ci_load
File:
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\invoiceplane\application\hel
pers\pdf_helper.php
Line: 82
Function: view
File:
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\invoiceplane\application\mo
dules\invoices\controllers\Invoices.php
Line: 282
Function: generate_invoice_pdf
File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\invoiceplane\index.php

What is the new format for the new custom fields functionality?

I had exactly the same issue and it was because I had not enabled the openssl library in my PHP install. I’m in the process of migrating all my services to Windows (one SQL box with MSSQL and MySQL servers and one web server running IIS) - as part of this I forgot/didn’t know I needed the openssl library un-commenting in my php.ini file - have you tried enabling this (or checking if it’s already enabled)?

The system of custom fields has changed.
All custom fields are now in the variable $custom_fields.
But you need the latest version from the .git because various changes are not included in beta3.

https://wiki.invoiceplane.com/en/1.5/templates/customize-templates

I have a small problem with the text boxes on invoices.
Each save adds another
tag at the end of the line.

4 changes in the invoice looks like that.

• 06.04.2017 10:15 - 14:30<br /><br /><br /><br />

The wiki only half answers the question (seems like it’s not been fully updated yet).

I have put the print_r command at the bottom of my invoice template and can see the array is populated with my values, but how do I address an individual custom field in my template - it used to be by row name but that field no longer exists. Here’s the output of the array for some sample data (clean install of beta 3 with fresh database);

[user_custom_id] => 1
[user_id] => 1
[user_custom_fieldid] => 1
[user_custom_fieldvalue] => TEST
[custom_field_id] => 1
[custom_field_table] => ip_user_custom
[custom_field_label] => IBAN
[custom_field_type] => TEXT
[custom_field_location] => 0
[custom_field_order] => 0

The field is called “IBAN” and the text I want on my invoice is “TEST” but I get a PHP error if I address the field by “IBAN” (plus a lot of my custom fields in my production database have spaces in).

1. Restoring them from the backup should be possible then.
  2. Amounts with decimals are working fine for me. You may check your amount settings in the general settings.
  3. I will check this.
  4. Same as 4.
  5. May be optimized, thanks for reporting
  6. I will add a hint for this into the upgrade wiki
  7. Already fixed.

You can’t have any custom fields in your templates yet if you are using Beta3. The fields were added just a few days before.

Even the version from git?

The version from the git is ok.
There will be a fix that the custom variables came as an array.