InvoicePlane 1.5.0 Beta 4 - Please help testing!

Which PHP version do you use? This error did not occur for me with 5.6 and 7.0

Sorry, that I forgot to mention the version. It’s running under PHP 7, but not with 7.1.

Okay, I updated the translations in the beta package.

And well… IP is not compatible with PHP 7.1 at the moment. I get the same error for this PHP version. But PHP 7.0 works fine.

Wasn’t kinda sure about this, but thanks for the information anyway. Great work!
I updated some translation strings.

Beta 2 user accounts

Upgraded from beta 1 to beta 2, without deleting the database
clicking on user account (top right), or from Settings > User Accounts, I get the following :

A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1054

Unknown column 'ip_user_custom.user_custom_fieldid' in 'on clause'

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS ip_user_custom.*, ip_custom_fields.* FROM `ip_user_custom` JOIN `ip_custom_fields` ON `ip_user_custom`.`user_custom_fieldid` = `ip_custom_fields`.`custom_field_id` WHERE `user_id` = '1' ORDER BY `custom_field_table` ASC, `custom_field_order` ASC, `custom_field_label` ASC

Filename: core/MY_Model.php

Line Number: 88

Can I preserve user accounts? or is creating new required?

See the first post:

I did delete all files - except the database… fresh database then ?

Yes, a upgrade from one to another Beta is not supported.

Edit: I updated the first post accordingly.

hey, i tried to install this new beta having trouble with the pdf export in the previous one. (mpdf errors…)
I have a new error when DB is populated :

A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1118

Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs

CREATE TABLE `ip_client_custom_new` ( `client_custom_id` INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT , `client_id` INT NOT NULL, `client_custom_fieldid` INT NOT NULL, `client_custom_fieldvalue` VARCHAR(65535) NULL , UNIQUE (client_id, client_custom_fieldid) );

Filename: modules/setup/models/Mdl_setup.php

Line Number: 265

any clue ?

Sorry, the setup update script is an utterly mess. I clean it up now.

You may change all VARCHAR(65535) to TEXT in this file: application/modules/setup/models/Mdl_setup.php.

1 Like

Hi Kovah,

I just did a new installation of 1.4.10, created a customer and an invoice for this customer. After upgrading to 1.5 beta 2 by copying all 1.5 files over the 1.4 files and ran setup. Every step seemed to be succesfull exept for an error that you described before (VARCHAR(65535) -> TEXT. I modified the file Mdl_setup.php to resolve this.
Now when i try to view a customer or an invoice I get a database error;

When I do Change Invoice;

Unknown column ‘ip_invoice_custom.invoice_custom_fieldid’ in ‘on clause’

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS ip_invoice_custom., ip_custom_fields. FROM ip_invoice_custom JOIN ip_custom_fields ON ip_invoice_custom.invoice_custom_fieldid = ip_custom_fields.custom_field_id WHERE ip_invoice_custom.invoice_id = ‘1’ ORDER BY custom_field_table ASC, custom_field_order ASC, custom_field_label ASC

When i do view customer

Unknown column ‘ip_client_custom.client_custom_fieldvalue’ in ‘field list’

SELECT ip_client_custom.client_custom_fieldvalue as cf_value, ip_custom_fields.custom_field_type as cf_type, ip_custom_fields.custom_field_label as cf_label, ip_custom_fields.custom_field_id as cf_fid, ip_custom_fields.custom_field_location as cf_location, ip_client_custom.client_custom_id as cc_id FROM ip_client_custom INNER JOIN ip_custom_fields ON ip_client_custom.client_custom_fieldid = ip_custom_fields.custom_field_id WHERE client_id = ‘1’ ORDER BY custom_field_table ASC, custom_field_order ASC, custom_field_label ASC

Please try this again and modify the Mdl_setup.php file before running the setup. The errors indicate that the migrationwas not successfully completed.

Works well ! thank you !
minor issue : the vendor/mpdf/mpdf/tmp wasn’t writable
minor issue : layout totaly broken if sidebar enabled

Which browser do you use?

It’s ok now…
The first time I enable it, it was broken (I think it get the CSS from the previous beta, clearing cache solve this)

I have reinstalled it completely and imported the data with a SQL import.
I have only a few custom fields, so I wanted to hand them over with my hand.

I have two errors:

1st:
When i save a client with custom fields this error occurs

Fatal error: Call to a member function format() on boolean in /application/helpers/date_helper.php on line 115

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /application/helpers/date_helper.php:115)

Filename: core/Common.php

Line Number: 564

Backtrace:

Severity: Error

Filename: helpers/date_helper.php

Line Number: 115

Backtrace:

The second problem occurs when I want to display invoices:

Unknown column 'ip_quote_custom.quote_custom_fieldid' in 'on clause'

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS ip_quote_custom.*, ip_custom_fields.* FROM `ip_quote_custom` JOIN `ip_custom_fields` ON `ip_quote_custom`.`quote_custom_fieldid` = `ip_custom_fields`.`custom_field_id` WHERE `ip_quote_custom`.`quote_id` = '21' ORDER BY `custom_field_table` ASC, `custom_field_order` ASC, `custom_field_label` ASC

The second problem I could solve by renaming a column in the table ip_quote_custom.

ip_invoice_custom.invoice_custom_id → ip_invoice_custom.invoice_custom_fieldid

The same Problem is in the quote table.

ip_quote_custom.quote_custom_id → ip_quote_custom.quote_custom_fieldid

However, I do not know whether it is a BUG or an error in my installation.

I believe however it was a problem of my installation because with a new installation with automatic data import there were no problems.

The Fix for the first Problem ist:

Mdl_clients.php:

- 115         if ($input == '') {
+ 115         if ($input == '' or $input == '0000-00-00') {

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like some problems with the special installation. But I will test the custom field migration again.

The second problem had been fixed with a clean installation.
The first problem is the date of birth. On the 1st time it saves 0000-00-00, but this can not be written back with a second save.