Overdue Invoice Reminder Issue (2.0.0 A1)

Hello!

I recently started using the overdue invoice reminder feature on my server and I think I may be misunderstanding how IP and crontab communicate. My goal is to have the task scheduler send a reminder email every 5 days for 60 days after an invoice is marked as overdue.

I currently have “Overdue Invoice Reminder Frequency” set to 5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55,60 days, and I have crontab set to run the task scheduler every hour, which is too frequent and was my mistake, but something is still not working correctly.

Here is what’s happening: I created an invoice on the 17th of this month and it was overdue the following day as payment for my invoices is due immediately. I enabled overdue invoice reminders on the 24th, so the first invoice reminder period (5 days) had already passed. Starting at midnight on the 2nd reminder period (day 10, today) the system sent 12 emails - one email every single hour, on the hour until noon.

I assume that changing crontab to 3AM (as per the example in the documentation) would result in an email being sent every day at 3AM, which is still not the expected result. Sorry for the long winded explanation, but does it seem like something is amiss here?

1 Like