Statement of Client

Hello,

Can you add a new feature that allow the admin to print the statement of client?

Example: I have a client has 10 invoices, 3 of them are not paid yet, so easily, generate a statement of balance contain all invoices (or selected some of them) to be showing in one single statement to let the customer review his payment transactions.

Regards

Last Update: 30.10.2017

Do we know if this is going to be considered for a next release? I would like this feature.

Can you provide us more details ? How do you want it to be integrated into IP ?
A new tab in the client list ? A new report ? What do you really need ? A PDF (single and unique file) with all balanced invoice ?

Of course! From my point of view I would like to be able to send out a client statement showing all invoices and payments in date order - oldest first. This would allow analysis of accounts over the year and would show an outstanding balance/balance of overpayment at the page bottom. This could be emailed to the client or printed off to be posted or stored in-house. I think this would be best placed in the clients detailed view as it would be relevant to one client at a time. Although, it would also be useful in the Reports section as you could email/print out a statement for all clients.

If there was a way to implement this, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Okok
Thanks for providing more informations.
At the moment the main goal is to fix little bugs for the next release version and finish the new calculation order process for v1.6.0, but once all is done and if the future release don’t contain too much bugs then we will see what we are able to do (and if @Kovah agrees obviously maybe he has some other ideas that will be discussed between other dev)

1 Like

I have started work in this for my own purposes. I am not sure how much interest there is in this feature for me to speed up development.

I am new to invoice plane and have some issues with the calculations, but I sure I will get there in time,

I also don’t know the best way to push changes to the git repo, so I’ll probably create a fork with my changes at some time.

Pic of menu option on client list

Pic of Statement

!

You may find information about contribution code here: https://github.com/InvoicePlane/InvoicePlane/blob/1.5/CONTRIBUTING.md

How can I test it to help the developer and to speed up the push changes task?

crafter has to make his code public before testing is possible.

1 Like

Alright… notify me once done.

Will do my QA cycle and prepare a report for the statement task

Regards

1 Like

I have pushed a first version of my code to a IP fork on github.

I am not too familiar with the contribution process but eventually I would like to see this on some parts being merged into IP.

For now, I have branched my code off the master branch.

I suggest you proceed as follows : -

1. Create a branch of your current working branch
  2. Merge branch ip473clientstatement into your working branch

A few notes about this version.

• It does not the statement on the db. Instead it creates it in real time.
  • By default, it show a statement for the last 30 days, Select a start date from the preview screen and refresh the page to change the statement parameters
  • It generates a statement number each time based on the client id and date. Change the statement number to your preference.
1 Like

1 Like

I created a new pull request for the 1.6.0 version of InvoicePlane. Code needs to be reviewed but looks promising for me. Thank you for your work! :+1:

3 Likes

Good day,

Is there a way to make the statements be emailed like PDF invoices are emailed?

regards
Lucky

This feature is very important for us, at the same time @Kovah is no more supporting this project. I don’t if the contributors can assist us with this task.

Currently not, but it is something I can work on.

How about the online statement as you mentioned in the reply # 13

The online statement is available as a pull request and is pending code review and testing before being integrated into the main base.

You are free to pull the branch and merge it into your own installation. I am using it for my own purposes and it serves me well.

(Someone tried to integrate it and was having issues with the date format, which I suspect is because of local region settings, but I never got a chance to look further into it.)

I would really appreciate this. I have a huge list of clients and having to download each statement then manually emailing them is tedious and would appreciate a button next to download that says send, then incorporates the sending of the statements to clients.