InvoicePlane 1.5.0 Beta 4 - Please help testing!

Thanks for the hint. Just noticed that an update completely messed up my local build script.
The package now contains all CSS files.

still wait for any help

Ok, tried it again with the new files, but now i get this error:

The configuration file does not exist.

Just replaced the files via FTP. ipconfig.php is here and configured as before.

EDIT: Forget this error - seems that application folder was not uploaded correctly…

I can’t reproduce this error. I am able to create quotes and invoices without any problems.

did you tried it with the new Beta? Also, is there anything logged in your browser console?

Because i often get time outs and folders / files are not completely uploaded via FTP:
Is it possible to upload new beta zip-file, unzip it via SSH on the server and then copy invoice template and ipconfig.php to the new directory and use IP with the new version?

If so and i have not to do any further steps i get an error when i open invoices or quotes. Dashboard and other things are working:

Filename: /html/ip/application/modules/clients/views/partial_client_address.php

Line Number: 13

Yes, just make sure that you follow the upgrade guide if you upgrade from a previous version.

Thanks, I fixed it. Please replace the content of the file application/modules/clients/views/partial_client_address.php with these contents: https://github.com/InvoicePlane/InvoicePlane/blob/v1.5.0/application/modules/clients/views/partial_client_address.php

Ok, issue is resolved now with new code from github. Thank you!

Regarding update: So in my case (update from Beta 3 to 4) i have not to do any additional steps, just replace the files.

The upgrade guide is not 100% clear for me personally regarding this :slight_smile:
https://wiki.invoiceplane.com/en/1.5/getting-started/updating-ip

Next one :frowning:
I want to email the invoice to customer (using email template). I am getting this error:

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: src/Tag.php

Line Number: 1806

Backtrace:

File: /html/ip/vendor/mpdf/mpdf/src/Tag.php
Line: 1806
Function: _error_handler
… and so on

Which PDF template do you use?

no users logged
issue is the same with the 1.4 and/or 1.5.x beta
can you login into my system to check it?
otherwise i do not see any change to fix this
please tell me where i can send access data

Own template, based on InvoicePlane.php with the following addition:

<?php if($invoice_tax_rate->tax_rate_id == 2) { ?>

Innergemeinschaftliche Leistung, steuerfrei gem. ...

<?php } else if($invoice_tax_rate->tax_rate_id == 3) { ?>

Innergemeinschaftliche Lieferung, steuerfrei gem. ...

<?php } else if ($invoice_tax_rate->tax_rate_id == 4) { ?>

NICHT STEUERBARE AUSLANDSLEISTUNG.

<?php } ?>

Please update the template as the $show_discounts variable has changed.

Mir scheint, von Beta 3 zu Beta 4 wurde doch noch einiges verändert? :-/

Gibt es irgendwo eine Dokumentation welche Variablen sich geändert haben? Grad die Rechnungs-Templates dürften doch einige Anwender geändert haben.

Auch folgende Variable scheint es nun nicht mehr zu geben:
$invoice_tax_rates

Diese steht noch in der Dokumentation drin, ich kann sie leider nicht abfragen mit z.B.

<?php print_r($invoice_tax_rates); ?>

Meine vorhin gepostete Abfrage der Tax-Rates funktioniert somit leider nicht mehr.

Bitte hier ausschließlich in Englisch schreiben, damit auch alle verstehen was geschrieben wird.

The only variable that was changed is $show_discounts as it was renamed to $show_item_discounts. The $invoice_tax_rates variable is still present: https://github.com/InvoicePlane/InvoicePlane/blob/v1.5.0/application/helpers/pdf_helper.php#L89

Here is an overview on all available variables I get after using a completely fresh installation of 1.5.0 Beta 4:

Hm, i investigated further.

If i choose 0% Tax (Switzerland) at the product item in the invoice and delete the 20% Tax which are at the bottom of the invoice (above the sum) then i get the error.

If i leave the 20% everything is fine. (maybe because the if clause is not true).

This code worked before, i noticed that there is singular and plural (rate and rates). Is this correct?
$invoice_tax_rate->tax_rate_id == xx

Or should it be:
$invoice_tax_rates->tax_rate_id == xx

If this is only an issue i have please tell me, than i will not post it here in this thread. But the if-clause worked perfect in beta3.

Yes it must be the plural because there can be multiple tax rates for a single invoice.
$invoice_tax_rates

Hi Kovah,

When I test the upgrade from 1.4.10 to 1.5 beta4 I cannot run setup. I get a http 500 error.
The steps I took to test the upgrade;

1. I restored a valid 1.4.10 database and restored the 1.4.10 files to verify that everything worked.
  2. Then I deleted all the 1.4.10 files and copied the extracted beta 4 filestructure.
  3. Copied the ipconfig.php file that i used with beta 3 test.
  4. Renamed and editted htacces to .htacces and edited the line for the subdir.

The above procedure worked fine with the beta 3 package. To me it looks like the beta 4 package is not a complete package that can be used to test the upgrade in this way.
I am also missing some folders (Only see the application folder with its subfolders…

Regards, Benny.

Could you please verify that there are files missing in the downlaoded .zip package?
If I extract the package I get the following structure:

If these files are present you may share any server logs with us. You may also enable the debug mode in the ipconfig.php file.

Sorry. Must have been something wrong during downloading or unzipping. This time, after downloading again, the filestructure is complete. Sorry bothering you about this.

I have a problem by creating a new product.
The product family works fine, but when i create a new product this DB error occurs.

A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1054

Unknown column ‘provider_name’ in ‘field list’

INSERT INTO ip_products (family_id, product_sku, product_name, product_description, product_price, unit_id, tax_rate_id, provider_name, purchase_price, product_tariff) VALUES (‘9’, ‘9000-0010’, ‘Portierung einer Telefonnummer’, ‘Portierung einer Telefonnummer’, ‘99’, NULL, NULL, ‘’, ‘65’, ‘’)

Filename: core/MY_Model.php

Line Number: 211

I tested the migration 1.4.10 to 1.5 and it seems that the issue I found with the migration in beta 3 (id 84 - april 4.) has not been resolved yet.in beta 4.
A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1064

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ‘‘ip_client_custom_new’ (client_id, client_custom_fieldid’ at line 1

INSERT INTO ‘ip_client_custom_new’ (client_id, client_custom_fieldid, client_custom_fieldvalue) VALUES ( ‘1’, ( SELECT custom_field_id FROM ip_custom_fields WHERE ip_custom_fields.custom_field_column = ‘client_custom_aanhef’ ), ‘Beste’ )

Filename: modules/setup/models/Mdl_setup.php

Line Number: 332