The information you’re about to submit is not secure

I am getting this error when I start set up, then when I press send anyway, it doesn’t proceed

The information you’re about to submit is not secure

Because this form is being submitted using a connection that’s not secure, your information will be visible to others.

Hi, this is probably because your server is set up to use a HTTP and not an HTTPS connection. For security reasons it is generally discouraged to use HTTP connections in 2022 to transmit information over the internet.

Anyhow, to my knowledge, this is not a circumstance which will interrupt the setup process. To help you further, could I kindly ask you to upload a screenshot of the problem?

1 Like

Yea, I am on http. I guess I have to get an ssl

Here it is, when I press send anyway it takes me back here>>>

2x
It takes me back to the beginning

Thank you. So, the message you are seeing is not InvoicePlane but it’s your browser prompting you with a security warning. I suppose this is not your problem with the installation.
The select language page you uploaded does not have styling. This could mean that (1) you did not upload all the files of the application (or your browser is blocking them from loading) or (2) you are not using a release version.
Where did you download InvoicePlane from? Could you share an image of the network tab of the “developer tools” of your browser?

1 Like

How is the website getting served? There is something with HTTP/HTTPS that is not right. The blocked message you are seeing is because of this: How to fix a website with blocked mixed content - Web security | MDN you might want to check what is the problem.

1 Like

Okay, thanks man, you’ve been very helpful

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.