2021 Progress Thus Far

Welcome new users and welcome back to our faithful group of users, developers, and maintainers. We are excited to have everyone here and would like to send a big virtual applause of appreciation (I think I just made that up) in hopes that you have had a productive 2021 thus far. Without your continued support, involvement, and contributions, InvoicePlane would not be what it is today.

We are now halfway through the year and I wanted to give everyone an update on how we are doing this year so far. Both the community forum and the Slack channel has seen growth this year and we are seeing an increase in our user-base as well. We are working toward another maintenance release of v1 in the coming weeks. This release will contain primarily package updates to keep up with security recommendations and to stay compliant with supported versions of those packages. There will also be a very short list of bugs that have been resolved.

While we have a thriving development community, there is always room for more. If you have any PHP, Laravel, or MySQL development experience, please let us know. If you are an experienced InvoicePlane user and are interested in becoming an official tester for releases, please let us know. If you are able and willing to assist with the InvoicePlane project in general and do not know what area of expertise you may or may-not have, please let us know as we can and will find a place for you.

Just a quick update on the current state of the maintainers team, we have 3 maintainers and would like to recruit more to better encapsulate the globe. The more maintainers, the easier it is to schedule meetings, plan releases, and manage the day-to-day operations of the project. If you are interested, please let us know.

Lastly, I would like to address our websites and demos. We have had some issues the last few months with our websites as they were a lingering asset issue from the initial management transfer from Kovah. We made a poor decision on how and where to host them and we are now paying the price. We are back in talks with RapidServer with setting up new servers and getting all of the sites up and in a stable state soon. Please bear with us while we work on this transition.

I hope everyone here is having a very productive and prosperous 2021 and hope that it continues to be a good year.

Thanks,
clockwiseq

2 Likes