New Issue Tracker

Dear all,

the former bug tracker has been gone for quite some time now and so are all bugs and feature requests you filed there. And they won’t come back. First of all, I’m really, really sorry for this. It’s just unprofessional and it’s shouldn’t have happened. I can’t really explain why it did nevertheless. The only thing I can do here is to say sorry :confused:

To get things and (hopefully) development going again, we decided to take small steps. First, we’d like to rebuilt some development infrastructure. And the first step of this is to use the Issue tracker built right into Github to track bugs and feature requests from you. Github is also where the code of InvoicePlane lives and development happens (hopefully soon). So, please go there and feel free to add your bugs and feature requests.

Next, we could clean up the branches and update dependencies. Along the way, we’ll learn the code, I’m sure.

On a more personal note: Neither am I a PHP-developer, nor a lead developer of some kind, nor do I have any experiences when it comes to running an Open Source community. In fact, I’m just an iOS developer, but a regular user of InvoicePlane. I like that it’s kind of simple and hackable, even for me.

But I’m a bit sad that no development has happened for over a year now. Sure, InvoicePlane is kind of usable and there were some attempts to fully rewrite it, but let’s face it: It feels outdated and the project is pretty much dead. It doesn’t have to stay that way. That’s why I talked to some of the maintainers to try to kick things off, at least a bit. First result of this is the issue tracker.

Let’s start will small steps and see, what comes next. What do we have to lose? That the project becomes even more dead?

So, send us your bugs and feature requests. Feel free to work on them and add your thoughts. I’ll also try my best to deal with them, but at the same time, I don’t want to promise you anything, but let’s give it a try.

I’d love to see you join me.

If you have any questions, I encourage you just to ask them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi, can I help by, perhaps, making a list of stuff people (including non-technical people) can do to help, and contribute?

I’m not going to be a whole lot of help with the code base but I can contribute some time to help with building guidelines, infrastructure and community. Perhaps the (outdated) pinned note referring to regular meetings would be a good place to start; I can create an agenda and start to organise that. Is there a rundown of high-level resources and people anywhere that I can get?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Go ahead, welcome to the club

count me in, willing to help with this