Jira down // Github Issues?

Hey there you fine people,

I wanted to have a look at the issues, but development.invoiceplane.com has been down since yesterday at least, probably even longer. I was greeted by this Cloudflare error:

Can someone who has access to Jira please have a look at this?

And, as a second thought: What do folks think about using Github not only as git-repo, but as issue tracker as well instead of running an own Jira-instance? Sure, we’d have to migrate the existing issues (and we could triage them), but it would most certainly make life easier for developers and the community as a whole, because:

a) Github’s probably a bit more stable compared to our own Jira-instance
b) More people have a Github-account and can contribute issues etc.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot and take care!

Hey Nathan,
Welcome and thanks for the question.

Jira is down and will be down… forever.

Only issues that we have left are the pull-requests.
We have the branch release which is basically the develop branch with a bunch of PR’S merged in.

And, as a second thought: What do folks think about using Github not only as git-repo, but as issue tracker as well

Great idea, yes.

Sure, we’d have to migrate the existing issues (and we could triage them), but it would most certainly make life easier for developers and the community as a whole, because:

a) Github’s probably a bit more stable compared to our own Jira-instance
b) More people have a Github-account and can contribute issues etc.

Come find us on Slack && let’s chat Slack

1 Like

Hey @UnderDog,

thanks a lot for your answer. And thank you for the invitation, I’m already a member of IP-slack but for transparency reasons I consider it a good idea to discuss this here :slightly_smiling_face: Cause then everyone can read this, even people who don’t want to join the Slack for whatever reason.

So, if there’s no Jira anymore, migration won’t be an issue then, right? :slightly_smiling_face: What do you and the others think about enabling the Issues-feature for the IP-repo on Github then, so people can complain report the issues there? From what I know it’s just a checkbox in the repo-settings.

[…] with a bunch of PR’S merged

I’ve seen plenty of PRs, most of them look like dependency updates just waiting to be merged? Who could do that and might clean up the the branches, too?

And who has the code and access to the website? I haven’t found it on GH, so I couldn’t open a PR to remove the link to the dead Jira (RIP) myself.