Mysterious monarxprotect error... Please assist

Hello,

I have no idea what is going on. Everything worked fine yesterday, but now today I get this error on the main page, and every subsequent page.

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Core Warning

Message: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/lib64/monarx-protect/monarxprotect-php72.so’ (tried: /usr/lib64/monarx-protect/monarxprotect-php72.so (/usr/lib64/monarx-protect/monarxprotect-php72.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules//usr/lib64/monarx-protect/monarxprotect-php72.so.so (/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules//usr/lib64/monarx-protect/monarxprotect-php72.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory))

Filename: Unknown

Line Number: 0

I have done the best as I could to research this error; it seems like monarx is some sort of security file software? I know that since this error has started I can no longer upload files/attachments to my invoice. It shows complete at the file side, but the progress bar keeps going, eventually resulting in an error.

I contacted my host who said it’s not them, it’s the invoice software. They said that invoiceplane must have made changes to their software. I then updated invoiceplane to the latest, no change. I tried different PHP versions (7.2 up to 7.4), no changes and I ultimately went back to 7.2. I then went through google, and then ultimately this support site, but I cannot find any information on this error. I checked all the php.ini files, and I tried to search for any reference to this software in the invoiceplane directory, no go. None of my other domains, hosted on the same accoutn, are experiencing this issue. I did enable debugging, as this site suggests, and it reports the same:

ERROR - 2021-06-03 15:36:54 → Severity: Core Warning → PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/lib64/monarx-protect/monarxprotect-php73.so’ (tried: /usr/lib64/monarx-protect/monarxprotect-php73.so (/usr/lib64/monarx-protect/monarxprotect-php73.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/lib64/php/modules//usr/lib64/monarx-protect/monarxprotect-php73.so.so (/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/lib64/php/modules//usr/lib64/monarx-protect/monarxprotect-php73.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) Unknown 0

I am at a loss on how to solve this and I am facing a potential late penalty if I can’t get these invoices submitted tonight.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hey @vcand welcome, man!
Sorry this has happened to you.

Check the logs that you’ve pasted.
1 part of the logs is looking at PHP 7.2 and the other part is looking at PHP 7.3

I’m not pointing at the host, but I assume they upgraded their PHP version.

Maybe someone else on the forums can help

Thank you…

I am pointing at the host… but support is pushing back saying “it sounds like the invoice software provider upgraded the software and now its messing up”… so I wanted to rule out anything on this end, just in case.

I Googled the Monarx Protect and found this on their site (main page):

AUTOMATIC REAL-TIME
PHP MALWARE PROTECTION
FOR HOSTING PROVIDERS
Stop trying to find malware on compromised sites.
Instead, prevent it automatically with Monarx’s
entirely new approach to application security.

Which to me sounds like they either installed or upgraded this anti-malware software and the references are not installed on my account.

Thanks for the input, I’m pushing back now.

Hello, I am the same. This problem does not let me go ahead.
From my service provider, it says that in order to install this module I must switch to a VPS.
I do not understand, if everything was working fine, why from one moment to another has been damaged.
Please help me.