PHP Error when trying to run setup

Hello,

I have installed on on Manjaro with PHP 8 and I am stuck at the point where you setup for the first time.

It’s running on a sub-directory and I’m using Apache web-server with Maria-DB.
When I got to http://localhost/invoiceplane/index.php/setup I get this error:

An uncaught Exception was encountered

Type: Error

Filename: /usr/share/webapps/invoiceplane/application/third_party/MX/Modules.php

Line Number: 84

Backtrace:

File: /usr/share/webapps/invoiceplane/application/third_party/MX/Loader.php
Line: 286
Function: load

File: /usr/share/webapps/invoiceplane/application/modules/setup/controllers/Setup.php
Line: 46
Function: module

File: /usr/share/webapps/invoiceplane/index.php
Line: 325
Function: require_once

I’ve had a look through the but can’t find anything that works.

I’m really stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Why do you assume this application is PHP 8 compatible?
Its based on CodeIgniter v3 and CIv3 is not PHP 8 compatible, so InvoicePlane is not neither.

On the Requirement page.
PHP >= 7.0
So 7 and above, yes?
I wouldn’t know what it’s based on as it’s the first time I’ve ever installed Invoice Plane.

Yes the wiki was made 4 years ago or something like that. Mostly ALL smaller projects are not yet compatible with PHP 8 as is was just released and this application (v1 at least) will never be compatible with.

Yes but it stands for 7.x (7.0-7.4) we may have to adjust that to make that more clear.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll downgrade PHP. That really had me scratching my head.

@Coopertronic glad that you’re willing to downgrade. Please let us know how it went and if PHP 7.4 is working out for you

I will do. I’ve got PHP downgraded to 7.4.15 and it’s up and running. I have just now got to go through the file permissions and set the security in php.ini.

Fingers crossed, I’ll be up and running by tomorrow.