Invoiceplane Intergation with Whatsapp

Hi, Does anybody know a way to integrate WhatsApp to invoice plane? example to have the option to send the invoice or quote via WhatsApp to the client?

the interface is responsive, usually when logging in with mobile phone, you could just copy and paste the guest url for that.

you could also edit the web template to add certain sharing options or change the template to your individual needs.

@carstengrimm, thanks for your reply in regards to this, I have been working on this it’s not exactly what I wanted but it will do for now.

ip_lang.php added this

‘send_whatsapp’ => ‘Send WhatsApp’,
‘whatsapp_pre_text’ => ‘Share on WhatsApp’,
‘whatsapp_post_text’ => '&text=Please your quote from Budget Group Projects at the following url ',

then in application/modules/quotes/views/views.php around line 186 I added this

<!--WhatsappQuote Begins-->
            <li>
                <a href="<?php _trans('whatsapp_pre_text'); ?><?php _htmlsc($quote->client_phone); ?><?php _trans('whatsapp_post_text'); ?><?php echo site_url('guest/view/quote/' . $quote->quote_url_key); ?>" target="_blank">
                    <!--<i class="fa fa-send fa-margin"></i>-->
                    <i class="fa fa-whatsapp fa-margin"></i>
                    <?php _trans('send_whatsapp'); ?>
                </a>
            </li>
            <!--WhatsappQuote Ends-->

now this is not exactly what I wanted but it is doing the job for now, till I get it working perfectly.

it sends the link but its not clickable as yet, I would if liked to attach the pdf quote to the WhatsApp with the URL. but not at this stage :pensive:

i’m not sure if whatsapp let’s you attach PDF via a link.

within the template files you could of course add custom functions to hack it your way?
within the Web View Template, maybe you could add another GET request to not display the invoice but to inline output the PDF?

Whereas when accessing a custom GET command e.g.
guest/view/quote/ID?inline

would load your custom code…

@Rhino13 and @carstengrimm any some news of the integration with WA/WB

@sinitcom , sorry for this late reply. No, we have not had any progress on this yet. I will be working on this the next month or two

have you checked twillio or official WhatsApp API’s to integrate invoice plane with WhatsApp?

or you can also check this gb whatsapp I don’t know it’s work or not but I heard in a GitHub community about this application.

You could send Invoice guest url to Whatsapp and let Whatsapp user open / confirm / download the PDF if needed. (Such URL could also be encapsulated into QR (not QR for payment but for opening the Quote (URL QR). Curently we are still at QR generation stage. Once this is solved - QR - as image could be sent to chat app(s), instead of textual URL, which might nto always parse well (if have certain special characters e.g. # somewhere)…

Since lately, Meta suspended it’s Desktop version of Whatspp from older OS types, including Windows 7. For pure mobile access this is not limitation, but limits market and customer base. Viber on the other hand, has both Desktop and mobile apps, with broader use. For Invoicing (Invoiceplane use on proper PC regardless if it’s selfhosted, docked, cloud(ed) or anything in between) majority of the market are still laptops as clients, so maybe Viber integration could have precedent. Since Viber is Rukuten owned and used in countries that would probably never impose some kind of sanctions on use, R/D is worth the effort, while with Meta you never know what is their next restriction and when will they announce it.

This in connection with possibility to feed chatbot on e.g. Telegram, or Viber, or Whatsapp to send all feed given by InvoicePlane client(s) is easier to do with Viber and Telegram.

After Quote generation, and After Invoice generation it would be smart to have, not just :
Send to E-mail, but also

Send to Phone via WA, VI etc…

For this, client has to have WA, VI, etc…in contact data so more modifications are needed in templates.

For entities that sell products/services via WA/VI groups, and bill them via Invoiceplane, might be worth to implement this.

There are 4 specific versions of GB tweeks of Whatsapp. They work as add-ons to main WA, however, they are not installed from Google Play. It has to be done manually via APK upload. So far, we have seen only Android versions of all 4 app-packs. Some of them are very usefull, e.g. larger file limit for WA (e.g. in GB Whatsapp plus version). They all download from same GB site. Each have different tweeks, each user could have different needs. Thanks for your info on this topic.

To send messages programmatically, you might need to use the WhatsApp Business API. You’ll need to apply for access to the WhatsApp Business API and generate an API key.