Sometimes, your clients need a friendly reminder about their outstanding payments. It will be nice if InvoicePlane enables up to 3 reminder emails (for PRO-FORMA & NORMAL INVOICES), and you can totally customize the email content and delivery schedule according to your preference.
You can create separate templates for the first, second and third reminder emails. The settings you choose will apply for that specific reminder email.
- Schedule : Define the schedule for the reminder email by selecting values for the three schedule boxes: the number of days after/ days before the due date/ invoice date. The reminder will be sent according to the values you select in these three fields.
- Send Email : If you want the reminder email to be sent automatically according to your defined schedule, check the Enable box. If you do not check Enable, no reminder email will be sent.
- Late Fee Amount : Specify a late fee amount to add to the invoice for overdue payments. You can add a different amount for each reminder email (i.e. you may want to increase the late fee with each late reminder email.)
- Late Fee Percent : Specify the late fee as a percentage of the invoice amount.
- Subject : Customize the subject line of your reminder email by entering the desired text. You can also enter variables according to your preference, such as invoice number, company name, due date and many more. Click the question mark icon at the right side of the Subject field to view a list of available variables. To reset your entry, click the Reset link just above the question mark icon.
- Body : Customize the email body text by entering the desired text. You can also enter variables according to your preference. Click the question mark icon at the right side of the Subject field to view a list of available variables. To reset your entry, click the Reset link just above the right hand side of the body text box.
- Toolbar : Immediately below the body text box, there is a bar featuring all the formatting tools you need to customize your reminder email, including font style, font size, bold/italics/underline, strikethrough, font color, background color, numbering, bulleting, alignment and hyperlinks.
- Raw : You can customize your reminder email via raw HTML. Click the gray Raw button at the bottom right of the section. A window will open. Enter your HTML code. When you’re done, click Update.
- Preview : Want to view the reminder email exactly as your client will see it? Preview your reminder email in a separate window at any time by clicking the blue Preview button.