Errors with the docker-compose.yml

Hi

I cloned the Github repo and modified the docker-compose and the ipconfig.php to my needs. I only changed couple things.

I run the setup with docker-compose up but all I get is a blank page with errors below.

I am wondering if I could get some leads to how to solve this issue.

I am on Debian Testing.

compose file

---
version: "3"

services:

# --- MariaDB 10.3
  db:
    container_name: "invoiceplane-db"
    image: bitnami/mariadb:10.3
    environment:
      - MARIADB_ROOT_PASSWORD=ipdevdb
      - MARIADB_USER=ipdevdb
      - MARIADB_PASSWORD=PASS
      - MARIADB_DATABASE=ipdevdb
    ports:
      - "3306"
    volumes:
      - /media/DRIVE/invoiceplane/db:/bitnami

# --- PHP 7.3
  php:
    container_name: "invoiceplane-php"
    image: bitnami/php-fpm:7.3
    depends_on:
      - db
    volumes:
      - .:/app:delegated
      - ./application/docker/php/php-dev.ini:/opt/bitnami/php/etc/conf.d/php.ini:ro

# --- nginx 1.16
  nginx:
    container_name: "invoiceplane-nginx"
    image: bitnami/nginx:1.16
    ports:
      - "8085:8085"
    depends_on:
      - php
    volumes:
      - .:/app:delegated
      - ./application/docker/nginx/site.conf:/opt/bitnami/nginx/conf/vhosts/site.conf:ro

volumes:
  invoiceplane-db:
    driver: local

invoiceplane-nginx |  23:57:06.68 INFO  ==> Initializing NGINX...                                                                                                                                                  
invoiceplane-nginx |  23:57:06.82 INFO  ==> ** NGINX setup finished! **                                                                                                                                            
invoiceplane-nginx | 
invoiceplane-nginx |  23:57:06.82 INFO  ==> ** Starting NGINX **
invoiceplane-nginx | 2020/04/27 23:57:07 [error] 30#0: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  require(vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /app/index.php on l
ine 18PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/opt/bitnami/php/lib/php') in /app/index.php on line 18" while reading response header from upstream
, client: IP2, server: _, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://192.168.16.3:9000", host: "IP:8085"
invoiceplane-nginx | IP2 - - [27/Apr/2020:23:57:07 +0000] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 500 5 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:74.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/74.0"
invoiceplane-nginx | 2020/04/27 23:57:10 [error] 30#0: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  require(vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /app/index.php on l
ine 18PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/opt/bitnami/php/lib/php') in /app/index.php on line 18" while reading response header from upstream
, client: IP2, server: _, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://192.168.16.3:9000", host: "IP:8085"
invoiceplane-nginx | IP2 - - [27/Apr/2020:23:57:10 +0000] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 500 5 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:74.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/74.0"
invoiceplane-nginx | IP2 - - [27/Apr/2020:23:57:18 +0000] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 500 5 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:74.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/74.0"
invoiceplane-nginx | 2020/04/27 23:57:18 [error] 30#0: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  require(vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /app/index.php on l
invoiceplane-nginx | 2020/04/27 23:57:19 [error] 30#0: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  require(vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /app/index.php on l
, client: IP2, server: _, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://192.168.16.3:9000", host: "IP:8085"

1 Like

Maybe @UnderDog can help you here. I personally do not use Docker.

1 Like

@geritan you are very close to the solution.
You haven’t run composer install yet, so it cannot find certain files.

I hope you know how to stop docker-compose when it’s running
Also … you can keep it running and in another command prompt run composer install
Also … since you cloned the repository, please don’t forget to run yarn install and yarn run dev.

Cloning repository: run those tools
Downloading .zip: those tools have been run already y

Thanks for your help. That was real progress. I used the zip file.

However I am stuck at Database setup, it says

Failure Cannot connect to the database server with the provided database information. Please check the credentials and try again.

I provide the creds that I added in the docker-compose file.

environment:
      - MARIADB_ROOT_PASSWORD=ipdevdb
      - MARIADB_USER=ipdevdb
      - MARIADB_PASSWORD=PASS
      - MARIADB_DATABASE=ipdevdb

I put ipdevdb as user and PASS for the password with no luck. I put localhost for the database hostname

Any recommendations?

database host name is
db
I seriously hope that in ipconfig.php you used the same information as in your docker-compose file.
During docker-compose up --build the container gets built and the MySQL user should be added.
With docker the MySQL servername is rarely ‘localhost’
Look at the service in the yml file.
Service is db, so hostname is db

Hi

Yes I have the same settings in both ipconfig and the compose file. However putting db as the host did not help.

I see a message below during the start up.

nvoiceplane-db | mariadb 16:16:20.04                                                                                                                                                                              
invoiceplane-db | mariadb 16:16:20.04 INFO  ==> ** Starting MariaDB setup **                                                                                                                                       
invoiceplane-db | mariadb 16:16:20.09 INFO  ==> Validating settings in MYSQL_*/MARIADB_* env vars                                                                                                                  
invoiceplane-db | mariadb 16:16:20.41 INFO  ==> Initializing mariadb database                                                                                                                                      
invoiceplane-db | mkdir: cannot create directory '/bitnami/mariadb': Permission denied
invoiceplane-db exited with code 1
invoiceplane-nginx |  16:16:31.09 
invoiceplane-nginx |  16:16:31.12 Welcome to the Bitnami nginx container
invoiceplane-nginx |  16:16:31.12 Subscribe to project updates by watching https://github.com/bitnami/bitnami-docker-nginx
invoiceplane-nginx |  16:16:31.12 Submit issues and feature requests at https://github.com/bitnami/

This is curious because it actually creates the “db” folder during start up , so it should not have a permission issue.

For others having the similar issue, this is how I fixed, maybe it is insecure but I will run this locally.

What I did was run it once then chmod 777 the folder and restarted the container then it stopped complaining about the permission issue. Then I was able to setup the instance.

Thanks for your help again.

1 Like

Well done!
Make sure that when you create a database it gets ‘persisted’. It’s one of the things that belong to docker: when you bring the container down usually everything I it goes down as well.
By persisting data, especially mysql data volumes, you will keep your database after docker is down

Creating bitnami/mariadb was part of persisting the database

Thanks, that was the issue since I was trying to set up an external volume. It should work I see the db in the defined path.

Now I see it. This is your volume: - /media/DRIVE/invoiceplane/db:/bitnami
So after the database is created and filled you can do docker-compose down.
If you do docker-compose up again and the database is still there, then you have the perfect working setup

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.