There is no suitable CSPRNG installed on your system

Hi! I just installed a new version of InvoicePlane at another domain after using InvoicePlane for many happy years.

Now I get this error when trying to view the PDF’s:

Message: There is no suitable CSPRNG installed on your system

Filename: /home/onestep/domains/DOMAIN.nl/public_html/PATH/vendor/paragonie/random_compat/lib/random.php

Line Number: 213

Backtrace:

File: /home/onestep/domains/DOMAIN.nl/public_html/PATH/vendor/paragonie/random_compat/lib/random_int.php
Line: 156
Function: random_bytes

File: /home/onestep/domains/DOMAIN.nl/public_html/PATH/vendor/mpdf/mpdf/src/Image/ImageProcessor.php
Line: 505
Function: random_int

File: /home/onestep/domains/DOMAIN.nl/public_html/PATH/vendor/mpdf/mpdf/src/Tag/Img.php
Line: 276
Function: getImage

File: /home/onestep/domains/DOMAIN.nl/public_html/PATH/vendor/mpdf/mpdf/src/Tag.php
Line: 239
Function: open

File: /home/onestep/domains/DOMAIN.nl/public_html/PATH/vendor/mpdf/mpdf/src/Mpdf.php
Line: 15310
Function: OpenTag

File: /home/onestep/domains/DOMAIN.nl/public_html/PATH/application/helpers/mpdf_helper.php
Line: 82
Function: WriteHTML

File: /home/onestep/domains/DOMAIN.nl/public_html/PATH/application/helpers/pdf_helper.php
Line: 259
Function: pdf_create

File: /home/onestep/domains/DOMAIN.nl/public_html/PATH/application/modules/quotes/controllers/Quotes.php
Line: 193
Function: generate_quote_pdf

File: /home/onestep/domains/DOMAIN.nl/public_html/PATH/index.php
Line: 325
Function: require_once

Someone know this ussue or a solution?

@crafter can you help with this one? Seems like something on the server maybe.
I also saw on laracasts to point to: paragonie/random_compat": “1.2.*”, instead of what Bas has at the moment…
And this link has some solutions as well https://ourcodeworld.com/articles/read/214/how-to-solve-php-7-0-polyfill-there-is-no-suitable-csprng-installed-on-your-system-paragonie-random-compat

That’s a great link @UnderDog. It offers a few options and a guide to understanding the issue,

@Bas_Homan perhaps let us know if any of the options listed in Underdog’s link worked for you.