IP 1.5.9 not compliant with PHP 7.3

After bringing my webserver to the latest stable version of PHP (version 7.3) IP is throwing the following error:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: 8192

Message: strpos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior

Filename: MX/Router.php

Line Number: 224

Backtrace:

File: /home/user/domains/mydomain.nl/public_html/factuur/application/third_party/MX/Router.php
Line: 224
Function: strpos

File: /home/user/domains/mydomain.nl/public_html/factuur/application/third_party/MX/Router.php
Line: 71
Function: set_class

File: /home/user/domains/mydomain.nl/public_html/factuur/index.php
Line: 325
Function: require_once

Can anyone help me to solve PHP 7.3 compatibility issues in IP 1.5.9?

Thanks in advance.

You should have taken the time to be familiar with the system requirements before embarking on your upgrade
https://wiki.invoiceplane.com/en/1.5/getting-started/requirements

PHP 7.3 is not supported.

1 Like

https://community2.invoiceplane.com/t/topic/5348/12

1 Like

Thanks you so much Crafter. Sorry but I don’t see it in the requirements. For me it is not a big problem to switch back to PHP 7.2 . Hope that PHP 7.3 support will be available in a future version.

1.) use the forum befor starting a new Thread … Pls.
2.) read here → LINK there is a little tut how to fix it. Then it supports PHP 7.3

Hm actually it just shows that you need PHP >=7.0 which includes PHP 7.3
But never mind as with this little fix mentioned above it does support PHP 7.3

1 Like

You are correct, @M4rt1n. My bad. The documentation is not clear about setting an upper limit for PHP.

Thanks for your Link Martin_Anonym. It did the trick.

1 Like

Hello,

We have been testing the InvoicePlane application for some time now for our internal needs and then building on this basis an ERP coded in PHP 7.3.
First the version 1.5.9 then we saw on the “github” repository server the version 1.5.10.1, we tested it and apart from the removal of styles and JS, there are two major fixes.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Gabriel France - Cameroon

Version version 1.5.10.1 is a follow on from 1.5.9. All developement changes are being merged into 1.5.10.1, which will eventually make it’s way into 1.6.x.

You should look towards 1.5.x,1.6.x etc for more stability.