Attachments not always attaching to the Quote

Hello,
I am using InvoicePlane v1.5.9. I have been able to modify my quote templates and love the way everything works.

I am having a problem however that I cannot figure out. I am trying to attach items to the quote. For example a PO, or info on how the quote was generated, etc. Most are PDF files. Sometimes the attachments take, and other times they do not.

I can look at the invoice.ip_uploads table and see when an entry is made, and then when one is not. I have DEBUG turned on and looked at the logs however I do not see anything that sticks out in there from when an attachment works vs. when it does not.

I want to role this out for my groups use however this issue is preventing me from doing so. Looking for any help or suggestions.

1 Like

Is it the same file that does not get attached to your quote? Can you tell a little more about that file? Most likely PDF, right?
We need steps to reproduce what you are experiencing, so i’ll create a PDF file with that exact name and i’ll attach it to your quote and see if it ends up in ip_uploads…
Hope it helps

Hello! Thanks for your response. I will get something together for you shortly that hopefully will show you what is going on. The name of the file does not seem to make a difference at all. I will show you my test I am performing and hopefully you can help me figure out what is going on. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Hello!

This is really odd. I am able to upload a jpg file that I have that is about 1.8 MB. The FileName is simply Test.jpg. If I just rename the file to Test.pdf, I am also able to upload without an issue.

If I generate an actual PDF document named Test.pdf, it does not upload.

If I take another .jpg file that is smaller than 1.8 Mb, it will not upload.

I am missing something. This is very odd to me. I feel like perhaps there is a setting somewhere in InvoicePlane or Apache that perhaps is set odd? Thanks again.
Paul

1 Like

I only have nginx, if you send me the file (if it’s allowed and not something secret) i’ll take a look qt it hopefully tomorrow.
Once i had something in another situation and that error came due to filename.something.jpg, or even filename…jpg. it can be anything, just annoying

Hello, I will be happy to send you the file. There is nothing in this test file that is confidential. How can I get this to you? Appreciate your help. Other than this problem (which is big) I am loving the functionality IP provides.

Has this been explored further? I am getting the same intermitent experience. Was hoping to find a resolution here before i deep dive it myself.

Thanks