How to create a copy of pdf invoice

Hello,

We’re trying InvoicePlane 1.5.9 and find it very useful. One thing we can’t make it work is that we need to generate two same pdf invoices.

What I mean is that one pdf invoice must state (even at the end of the page) it is the Original, which is then being sent to the client, and the other needs to state it’s a Copy, that is being sent to our accounting department. This is required by law in Greece.

So we need the PDF create function to create two pdf invoices with pretty much the same template, with only one change in the second pdf by adding the text COPY.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi @cre8

I will talk to the IPv1 team and see if this is possible, i suspect many countries have this requirement so if its not already implemented, we may see about adding it sooner!

Regards

1 Like

It;s possible, but what are you asking here.
If this a feature request -if so then mark it as such instead of a support query. This will then be put into a queue to feature requests if accepted.

I should add that feature requests for 1.x are not favourable at the moment, because if the pending version 2.

Alternatively,
You can use a second template
If you create a new template for the duplicate invoice, you can use the url
/index.php/invoices/generate_pdf/62/1/my_duplicate_pdf_template

Of course, option 2 is to modify the code

1 Like

I didn’t know if it was possible or not, that’s why I asked. I didn’t want to make a feature request, just to find out if it was possible some how on the current version and I couldn’t find it.

Thanks for the help anyway, I tried modifying the code myself and have some positive results. It is very close to what you mentioned:

I think it is possible to make same or duplicate file. There are plenty of software available on internet which do the same. One of my close friend use to do the same but I don’t know how he does that.

Hey,
Thanks for the solutions.
It worked for me.
Best Regards.