Office 365 failed to connect

Hello there!

Right so… I have been trying to get this sorted for over a week. I have crawled over the InvoicePlane Community website, I have crawled over Microsoft and even had my Hosting provider’s support on the phone and still nothing.

Basically I am using GoDaddy and I’ve got Office 365 email which I bought from them (so not using the cpanel emails).

When I set up my SMTP on InvoicePlane email settings just like it’s been suggested on here I still get the famous PHPMailer error code that cannot connect to the SMTP server.

According to GoDaddy support, if I was using the Cpanel emails, there is a big chance of the outgoing mail ports to be blocked but using an Office 365 they said that it should work 100%.

Now the only thing I can think of that may lead onto this not to work is the fact that once I click save to save the SMTP settings on the InvoicePlane settings, the password field becomes empty. So when I send the email perhaps it can’t connect because there isn’t a password to authenticate the connection?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

If you have access to your database, you can test your theory by running the following query

SELECT * FROM ip_settings WHERE setting_key like '%SMTP%' ;

If your support group cannot help you, you should really consider setting debug on the PHP Mailer to see the exact error message.

Thank you for the reply crafter.

Unfortunately I’m new to all of this. Will it be possible to have a step by step detail on how to do both of the recommendations above? My apologies in advance, I just have no idea on how to get it done.

I’d appreciate for any help.

Regards,

I posted a week ago about how to debug your email library :

https://community2.invoiceplane.com/t/topic/7183/6