InvoicePlane is searching for a new Maintainer

Thanks for all your work Kevin. It takes courage to continue a project like InvoicePlane but also to decide taking the next step. Be proud of yourself! I really hope the InvoicePlane project will have a glorious future!

2 Likes

Hey Kevin :slight_smile:. This post accompanies the messages we’ve already exchanged. If the community would like to know more I’m happy to answer questions.

I’d like to offer my own services alongside those provided by two friends of mine. We’re all university students of varying years, based in the UK: a medical student (me), law and business, and computer science.

The current proposal is for me to offer help and bring my leadership/business expertise to InvoicePlane - a managerial position. My friends, Pamela and James, have a different set of skills/strengths and it makes sense to play to these.

Pamela, studying Law and Business, is interested in a consultant position for everything law. Helping InvoicePlane to expand by ensuring regulations are met and everything is above board. A position that’s not originally requested, I know, but would be incredibly useful nevertheless.

And finally - James. James is currently looking to improve his portfolio with more projects. He accepts that his developing skill may be inferior to that of others and so is happy to take a role in the Testing and Documentation team. He would, of course, be appreciative of any opportunity to work alongside another develop, though!

So that’s our proposal. 3 people to the table of varying domains. We look forward to taking part in the discussions and look forward to hearing from you.

1 Like

Hi Guys

I know i’m late onto this thread and admittedly I’m late in signing up for the community, but I’d like to offer the full resources of my businesses and influence within some of the markets I work in to continue the development and promotion of InvoicePlane.

Like a few others, I’ve integrated InvoicePlane into a number of software projects through my work as a software & web developer. I have previously worked with Code Igniter from its earlier versions through the years as well as Laravel in more recent years.

If permitted, I’d be hoping to take the project on in full, additionally I would also consider bringing one or two people onboard from those who have shown interest, especially in the Community Support & Building role.

As one of the criteria for this software is indeed to maintain the legal compliance when dealing with accounting matters, one of my existing developers is also a qualified accountant. Coupled with my qualifications and over a century of business management, I’m hoping a good amount of experience and skills can be offered, in addition of course to nearly 20 years of web development personally. Another member of my team is also vastly experienced in SEO, marketing and eCommerce.

I work from home daily so my availability is relatively high, and don’t expect moving to new offices in the new year to affect that either.

Lastly, I have access to my own dedicated server hardware located in Maidenhead, UK, so access shouldn’t be an issue for anyone around the globe.

As a business entity showing an interest in taking over the development and management of the project, I would like to say now that I have no intention of commercializing it, now or in the future.

I’d welcome any messages from anyone should you have any questions and will liaise with Kovah in the coming days to ensure that my offer is suitable and in the best interests of InvoicePlane and FusionInvoice continuing.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,
you may already read in the announcement that there are already several users who are willing to help. So taking over the whole project may not be needed here, however I would like to see you joining the new team and help them with your expertise and resources.
Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or to discuss further steps.

Coupled with my qualifications and over a century of business management

A century ? o_O

Hi all,

We’re in a similar situation, although I can’t say that we have a century of experience :wink: At TenTwentyFour we’ve been using, extending, hosting and selling services around InvoicePlane for a little while now and we’ve recently decided to advertise all of that a little more prominently.

We’ve extended InvoicePlane with features, some of which FusionInvoice has made redundant, such as multiple contacts per client, extended work-flows with work-sheets, workshop-reports and, for us most importantly, an export for Sage BOB. For that, we also cooperate with a fiduciary who brings in the accounting expertise in our case.

Of course, that’s only a viable option if InvoicePlane will continue to be actively developed and so we’d also like to invest a little of our time in helping with development. I can’t say how many hours a week/month exactly, but we’re unfortunately not in a position where we could offer to manage or lead the project. Looking at who else has pledged support, that doesn’t seem to be necessary anyway.

Happy to help!

Hi again

Was meaning decades, not centuries! Will always be guilty of the odd afasic moment!

Hey @kovah, any updates on this or any idea when you’d like to wrap this up and “officially” charge the new team with the project?

We are currently working on getting the team together, some internal talking and so on. May take some time but we are on it.

hey…! I am very much interested in managing your marketing needs, pls ping me fb.com/akhildev

Hey folks, I’d love to be more active and help with the project. I’ve only made two couple small code contributions in the past but would love to do more. My day job is in providing general IT services to small businesses, as part of that I host, develop and manage websites. A specific area of InvoicePlane I would be interested in contributing to is reports but i’m used to doing whatever is needed.

1 Like

Hey folks,

I am sad to say that I just have no time left to help out ATM.
But I am willing to spend some money, maybe also on a regular base, but keeping in mind my ~limited~ possibilities. (Sadly I still do not earn millions :wink: )

Two things must be assured for that happening:

1. invoiceplane stays opensource
  2. invoiceplane is developed further.

Get back to me, we could maybe discuss in a more private space on a plan on how the further development could be assured, maybe with some “membership” … accessible also to others who are willing to give back to FOSS developers …

Regards from Austria

Hi Bastian,

We can confirm 110% that InvoicePlane will remain opensource throughout any and all future versions and we have confirmed and developed teams for both v1 and v2 going forwards.

In regards to a more ‘private’ space with a ‘membership’ idea, I would have to discuss this with the rest of the team however it wouldn’t be something I’m personally for, me belief that these projects should never restrict or grant advantages to anyone, but that is my own personal views, and may not be of the other two.

@reece.hill @clockwiseq

2 Likes

Hello Kevin, I respect your decision as indeed its a essential move for your life. i am useing invoiceplane also developing templates for my own. i would really love to join invoiceplane
i have only skill to be IN invoiceplane is developing templates or being template manager or what ever you say i may fit in. i am not that skilled in core level development. so i wold prefer template developmet . Thank You .

Hello And Welcome Our New Team Members :slight_smile:
@clockwiseq
@Severenth
@reece.hill
@reece.hill
@snake_eyes
@Teunis
@miquel_cabanas
@749
@crafter
@reece.hill

1 Like

I find InvoicePlane very useful and am keen to help make it better. How might I get involved?

Membership should not be a private place. Look at the TYPO3.org community, to see what I mean with memership.
More or less it is a well defined sponsorship with different plans, granting sponsor according to their plan defined marketing revenues (like appearing on the website as a sponsor with logo and link) etc …

Greetings

As I am planning to provide hosting for invoiceplane. I am also interested to assist the community in whichever way possible.

Sad to see you leave something that you built, Kevin :frowning:
Maybe once you have everything in life sorted you can come back and lend a little time to keep this going in the direction needed.

For all the guys coming onboard, not sure I could be of much help, but can try.

1 Like

Thanks RoadKill. Please join our slack channel and we’ll figure out how you can help. I’m sure there is something we need help on

Translation:

Thanks for this wonderful Web application, I have used it and it works very well, I would like to know what will happen with version 2.0 and I would like to contribute with development, I am a Java programmer, I know and manage databases well and I have experience with Php and Codeigner . please if someone takes over the project I would like to include me to contribute to the project, I worked with platea21, but now this code is closed and brings some flaws, I have corrected them with the help of a friend and now I can use the system, I have been very useful Invoiceplane 1.5 and I want to install version 2.0 but there are errors in the implementation, I think it has to do something with the Dbal but I’m not sure …

Hi Carlos,
Welcome. you can join us on slack. our language there is English, but usually we know what you mean when you type in your question and let google translate help you.
Invoiceplane 2.0 is being rebuilt using Laravel. We are discussing that in the slack channel

Hi All,

I would be very interested in supporting the project and currently use invoice plane for clients who require invoicing.
I am a co-founder of MediaBlaze Hosts, a co-operative hosting business.
We’d like to offer free hosting and domain management, if you’re interested.

Our site is: mediablazehosts.coop

Hope to see invoice plane to continue to flourish