Invoice tax line shifted or mixed

I just upgraded from IP 1.5.7 to 1.5.9 and everything looks good except for one thing.
In the window where i create the invoice, the line with the invoice tax is shifted or mixed…After Invoice Tax the order of items is: Amount,- BTW (tax) - 21.00 (percentage) - Trashcan.

ip159

I think the amount should be the last in this row to keep the amounts in line.

I cannot find that this a known issue so maybe i something went wrong with the update.

Any help would be appreciated.

You are correct: the content order is reversed, even the wastebasket. This is how it looks in demo

I will check the code and see if there is an explanation for that behaviour.

Did you follow the update instructions in the wiki?

As for running the setup again, I don’t think it would fix this problem.

Thank you Miquel. I did follow the update as in the wiki and I did some updates in the past without any problemt. So not sure what may cause this issue.
Do you know in which file these fields are made up?

The code that renders this summary table is in file

• invoiceplane-v15/application/modules/invoices/views/partial_item_table.php

starting approximately in the line 325-300, and the code for the Invoice Tax row is,

<td><?php _trans('invoice_tax'); ?></td>
    <td>
        <?php if ($invoice_tax_rates) {
            foreach ($invoice_tax_rates as $invoice_tax_rate) { ?>
                <form method="post"
                    action="<?php echo site_url('invoices/delete_invoice_tax/' . $invoice->invoice_id . '/' .          $invoice_tax_rate->invoice_tax_rate_id) ?>">
                <?php _csrf_field(); ?>
                <span class="amount">
                    <?php echo format_currency($invoice_tax_rate->invoice_tax_rate_amount); ?>
                </span>
                <span class="text-muted">
                    <?php echo htmlsc($invoice_tax_rate->invoice_tax_rate_name) . ' ' . format_amount($invoice_tax_rate->invoice_tax_rate_percent) ?>
                </span>
                <button type="submit" class="btn btn-xs btn-link"
                    onclick="return confirm('<?php _trans('delete_tax_warning'); ?>');">
                    <i class="fa fa-trash-o"></i>
                </button>
            </form>

And now that I see the code the cause of the error is obvious: the string is built concatenating the elements in the reversed order you have reported,

1. invoice_tax_rate_amount
  2. invoice_tax_rate_name
  3. invoice_tax_rate_percent
  4. fa-trash-o icon

which is not the one displayed in demo and the one we would expect.

I will investigate why and when the order got reversed and I will submit a pull-request to correct it in v1.5.10.

In the meanwhile, to restore the order, you could replace (make a backup copy of the file before editing it) the code with this one:

<td><?php _trans('invoice_tax'); ?></td>
    <td>
        <?php if ($invoice_tax_rates) {
            foreach ($invoice_tax_rates as $invoice_tax_rate) { ?>
                <form method="post"
                    action="<?php echo site_url('invoices/delete_invoice_tax/' . $invoice->invoice_id . '/' .          $invoice_tax_rate->invoice_tax_rate_id) ?>">
                <?php _csrf_field(); ?>
                <button type="submit" class="btn btn-xs btn-link"
                    onclick="return confirm('<?php _trans('delete_tax_warning'); ?>');">
                    <i class="fa fa-trash-o"></i>
                </button>
                <span class="text-muted">
                    <?php echo htmlsc($invoice_tax_rate->invoice_tax_rate_name) . ' ' . format_amount($invoice_tax_rate->invoice_tax_rate_percent) ?>
                </span>
                <span class="amount">
                    <?php echo format_currency($invoice_tax_rate->invoice_tax_rate_amount); ?>
                </span>
            </form>

that yields,

@Kovah the order was reversed in this commit,

that also reversed the order of the tax line in quotes view.

Is there a reason to keep it? I have tested the element sorting trash_button + tax_name + tax_rate + tax_amount and the delete feature works, thus, I think it is safe to make that change. Should I open a ticket and submit a PR?

Also, which format do you prefer?

1. [trash-icon] US Std 7,00% 28,00€
  2. [trash-icon] (US Std 7,00%) 28,00€
  3. [trash-icon] (US Std 7,00 %) 28,00€
  4. none of the above (which one?)

Many thanks, Miquel. I did the change and it is okay now!

Maybe this?

US Std 7,00% 28,00€ [trash-icon]

Not sure, the amount should be the rightmost element if we want it to align with amounts in previous lines.

Ok, fine for me

@Benny54 Ok and thanks for reporting the problem. Whenever you have time, remember to mark as correct answer the post with the solution.

Ticket created:

IP-745 - Reorder tax line in invoice & quote views to display the amount at the right end

and pull-request submitted:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.