Impossible to login

Hello,

I’m running a fresh installation (1.5.9) that was managed by Scriptaculous, installed on a subfolder of my website.

When I try to log in and enter my credentials, I keep getting the login screen over and over again. I enabled advanced debugging in the log hoping to get a clue of what’s going but it keeps giving me the same message below without any clue about my problem.

I checked the database and everything matches. Passwords, usernames, etc. How can I solve this problem?

Thanks!

DEBUG - 2018-09-30 21:26:52 --> UTF-8 Support Enabled
DEBUG - 2018-09-30 21:26:52 --> Global POST, GET and COOKIE data sanitized
DEBUG - 2018-09-30 21:26:52 --> Sessions MX_Controller Initialized
DEBUG - 2018-09-30 21:26:52 --> Config file loaded: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/invoice/application/config/invoice_plane.php
DEBUG - 2018-09-30 21:26:52 --> Encryption: Auto-configured driver 'openssl'.
DEBUG - 2018-09-30 21:26:52 --> File loaded: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/invoice/application/modules/settings/models/Mdl_settings.php
DEBUG - 2018-09-30 21:26:52 --> File loaded: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/invoice/application/modules/settings/models/Mdl_versions.php
DEBUG - 2018-09-30 21:26:52 --> File loaded: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/invoice/application/controllers/../modules/layout/controllers/Layout.php
DEBUG - 2018-09-30 21:26:52 --> Layout MX_Controller Initialized
DEBUG - 2018-09-30 21:26:52 --> File loaded: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/invoice/application/modules/layout/views/alerts.php
DEBUG - 2018-09-30 21:26:52 --> File loaded: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/invoice/application/modules/sessions/views/session_login.php
DEBUG - 2018-09-30 21:26:52 --> Total execution time: 0.0401

Have you searched your web server log files for any error message that could be related to your problem? If you haven’t, please, try log in again and check whether the log files record either a failure to access a web page or to load something, or a missing file, a lack of permission, etc. something that could give us a clue of what is going on.

Hello and thank you for your reply. Absolutely nothing on PHP, Apache and MySQL logs. I ran out of ideas.

I thought it could be a browser issue but I tried with Chrome, Firefox and even old IE 11

Did your setup run without problems? Can you try running the setup a 2nd time just in case?

Setup ran without any issues. I actually think it’s the softaculous package somehow.

I literally re-installed my server, changed the OS from Debian to Ubuntu, PHP versions, etc. Pretty much from 0 and the same problem appeared.

I’ll try a manual installation instead. Will keep you posted.

Thanks very much so far.

I also have similar problem - I wasn’t able to complete neither setup no login with latest Chrome. I completed setup and can login with good-ol IE though. I’m guessing Chrome blocks some cookies?
My IP runs on a ssl-enabled website, installed in non-root folder, i.e. I load it via https://mywebsite.com/ip_path/

I also have similar problem - I wasn’t able to complete neither setup no login with latest Chrome.

What exactly do you mean? for instance, were you able to view the initial setup and/or login pages? did the setup stopped half way? in which step?

Also, did you check the web server log files at that point? did you find any error message related to your IP installation?

I completed setup and can login with good-ol IE though.

That would exclude a problem with your IP installation.

I’m guessing Chrome blocks some cookies?

If you suspect that Chrome is messing with IP cookies, you could follow the advise here to inspect whether IP cookies are available on Chrome and to compare them with the cookies available on IE.

Do you have any extension installed on Chrome that may block cookies?

My IP runs on a ssl-enabled website, installed in non-root folder, i.e. I load it via https://mywebsite.com/ip_path/

If correctly configured, none of these settings should cause the problems you have described.

As I wrote before, without more information there is not much we can do to find the cause of your problem.

I am having the same issue, although I run mine on Apache Mesos with about 10 instances of invoiceplane in dockers. The issue is Invoiceplane is using session cookies and does not have a setting to use Redis or the like to handle sessions, so you are somewhat limited to one node at a time, which kinda hurts load balancing… Until session control is handled elsewhere, seem to be limited to one node at a time…

Are you load balancing?

Hving same problem, has this been resolved ??

Hi, how exactly do we go about load balancing

Generally, when you have more than one server for your single site/system. Instead of bombarding your single server with all the traffic, you set up your servers so that traffic get distributed between more than one servers.

Because your application is installed and run on all servers, it sometimes happens that they manage the sessions alone if not configured properly, which may lead to issues.

For example, so you log in, and this login is handled on (say) server 2. Server 1 and 3 may not know about the login. Your next request is to load the dashboard, which hits server 3. Since server 3 is not aware you are logged in, it forces you to the login page. This is of course an example for a system not managing the logins properly.

You can also do database load balancing,