How to Add 2.5% + 30C surcharge in Paypal Invoice

I need to charge customers with 2.5% + 30C surcharge. Need suggestion how to add automatically in the Paypal payment by default once customer clicks Paypal as a payment method on Invoiceplane

Hi, there is currently no way to automate adding such amounts to the invoice if a specific payment method is used.

i guess when the payer sees there’s a 2,x% invoice increase he is most likely not choosing PayPal anyhow and default back to bank transfer.

if it were me i’d always calculate my prices to already have those fees covered regardless of the payment method…

looks way neater having “PayPal free of charge” instead of “if you use PayPal we have to get another 2,x%, thanks for the inconvenience”…

Surcharges are also a pretty sketchy area. Laws in the US vary from state to state for surcharges.

PayPal also doesn’t allow passing the charges to the customer according to their policy. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

A way people get around it is to just build the expected fees into the invoice. Instead of charging $95, charge $100 to account for the extra cost.

1 Like