InvoicePlane 1.5.8 released

A new release of the InvoicePlane application is available: v1.5.8
You can download the latest version from the InvoicePlane website.

Update Guide | Changelog

This is a small release that mainly fixes bugs from the previous versions.

If you want to know more about InvoicePlane 1.5 please visit the original topic.

:beetle: Known bugs in version 1.5.8

• Recurring invoices can’t be deleted from the overview (IP-680)
  • Invoice number gets increased on emailing an invoice (IP-679)
  • Import may not work properly (IP-510)

I have found a bug with recurring invoice deletion.
How to reproduce :

1. create an invoice
  2. make it recurrent
  3. go to Invoice > Manage recurring invoices
  4. delete the recurring invoice
  5. you got this error :
404 Page Not Found

The page you requested was not found.

The bug linked to

is fixed on my dev environment. I’m waiting for an answer from Kovah to make the pull request :slight_smile:

I made the update from 1.5.4 to 1.5.8 - like written in the help docs.

When i now look under System settings -> Updates there is still version 1.5.4

I checked the following a few times:

• mapping of domain (yes, it is on the right subfolder), the 1.5.8 files are in there
  • the files are correct, a few of them have the version number of InvoicePlane inside, for example: composer.json

Is this a bug or do i oversee something?

Thank you,
best regards,

@graffito have you tried going back to basics and clearing your browser cache?

Please take a look at your ip_versions table. If there are some entries for 1.5.8 are missing some of the database upgrades went wrong.

Thank you for your replies :slight_smile:

@nmay1990 i tried that, also tried different browsers. To avoid running into this.

@Kovah Ah, yes. The last entry is 1.5.4. there. No higher version number…

But i thought of that yesterday, that the setup was not correctly executed when upgrading. So i set

And was running the setup again. But no luck as it seems…

One thing i am not 100% sure if it is right: When i upload the whole folder with the new files and choose “merge” - the files that exist will be replaced, other files will stay there (for example my own templates). Afterwards i copy the changed custom.css and custom-pdf.css back from the 1.5.4 installation to the new 1.5.8

What about the version_sql_errors column besides the 1.5.4 entry? Is there a count or something.

Basically: the setup/updater just runs the database updates stored in the corresponding version files. After that the version is stored in the database. So I assume that the updater did not update all tables. Could you check if the ip_merchant_responses has a merchant_response_successful field? If not, run the following SQL commands:

ALTER TABLE `ip_merchant_responses`
  ADD `merchant_response_successful` TINYINT(1) DEFAULT 1
  AFTER `invoice_id`;

Then, to update your database to the latest version run the following SQL command:

INSERT INTO `ip_versions` (`version_id`, `version_date_applied`, `version_file`, `version_sql_errors`)
	(30, '1517141847', '028_1.5.5.sql', 0),
	(33, '1517154449', '029_1.5.6.sql', 0),
	(34, '1518791052', '030_1.5.7.sql', 0),
	(35, '1518791052', '031_1.5.8.sql', 0);

What about the version_sql_errors column besides the 1.5.4 entry? Is there a count or something.

No, zero in every version_sql_errors column.

There was no “merchant_response_successful” field - so i ran the SQL commands. And now the version number is displayed correctly under “System settings -> Updates” :slight_smile:

Thank you!

So i can assume the update is now correctly finished? Can i double check that in some way?

I would say that your app is now up-to-date. As I said: the only thing the setup does is updating the database which you did manually now.

I have had the same bug and the database update stay at 1.5.5.
The problem come from unzipping. I don’t know why but in the folder
the last file was 028_1.5.5.sql

With a second unzip, the last file is correctly 031_1.5.8.sql

If I can help someone

That’s weird. Unzipping the latest package works fine for me and the sql folder always contains the latest files.

Hi, I just upgraded from 1.5.5 to 1.5.8 and I think I discovered a bug: removing a customer in the customer edit window, using the “delete” button doesn’t seem to work anymore and directs to a non existing page (and customer isn’t deleted)

Using delete from the options-dropdownbox in the view all customers window does work though.