- I created a custom field ‘Has_Been_Edited’ in ‘Clients’ to store the fact that the client data was edited or not.
- It is a boolean field as this seems logic
- When I set the value of ‘Has_Been_Edited’ to ‘false’ in the client form and show debug info in my invoice PDF to review custom fields at the end of the PDF I get the expected value=0
- when I set to ‘true’ in the client form and look at the debug info, the value is not set to ‘1’ as expected but instead to the value of a single-choice list for the unrelated ‘quote’ custom field ‘project-type’ value=‘Standard (VIB coll)’
- furthermore, the obtained value is not the value set for the true custom field ‘quote’ ‘project-type’ =‘Standard (VIB)’
- can it be that the value of ‘1’ is replaced with the first value of the unrelated field ‘project-type’?
- where could this cross-talk be taking place in the code?
I attach a print of the custom fields in the PDF with color in key places.