Settings page not loading any CSS or JS - IP 1.5.5

Hi there, I’ve installed Invoiceplane 1.5.5 for the first time.
I’m running it on a MAMP stack and everything works fine, except for the system preferences page (index.php/settings) which doesn’t load any CSS or JS.

I’ve tried reinstalling with a different language but it’s still the same.

I couldn’t find this issue with a search on the community: could you please help me to figure it out?
Thank you!

Please check your browser for detailed logs about the asset files and post these logs here. Should be 404 errors if they are not loading.

settings:2 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
at settings:2
settings:68 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
at settings:68
settings:1890 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
at settings:1890

I hope this could be useful… it’s what chrome console prints out on /index.php/settings
Thanks,
Davide

Please make sure, that there are files in the assets/invoiceplane/css folder and they are readable by the web server.

Hi Kovah, thank you for you help.
I downloaded again Invoiceplane 1.5.5 and overwritten the assets/invoiceplane/css folder, but still I’m getting the same error.

Here there is the list of files and permissions I’ve in that folder:
XXX$ ls -l
total 680
-rw-r–r--@ 1 XXX staff 104 29 Ott 11:01 monospace.css
-rw-r–r--@ 1 XXX staff 204 29 Ott 11:01 reports.css
-rw-r–r--@ 1 XXX staff 206509 29 Ott 11:01 style.css
-rw-r–r--@ 1 XXX staff 1326 29 Ott 11:01 templates.css
-rw-r–r--@ 1 XXX staff 124468 29 Ott 11:01 welcome.css

If this error occures to me only, since I found out I need the italian version of Invoiceplane, it could be ignored: maybe something went wrong in my MAMP stack, I don’t know. The italian version runs perfectly.
But still, if you need some help for debugging, I’m waiting to uninstall this version of Invoiceplane.

Thank you!

solved upgrading to invoiceplane 1.5.9 (but I also upgraded php from 5.x to 7.x)