I’m looking for the possibility to define/select a specific (invoice) PDF template before downloading it.
Current status in InvoicePlane
- Customise two different PDF templates Templ1 (
template1.php) and Templ2 (
- Define Templ1 as default PDF template under Settings Invoices Invoice Template
- Downloading an invoice results in using the
template1.phpfor invoice layout.
- To use Templ2 as PDF template change default template under Settings Invoices Invoice Template to Templ2.
- Invoice downloads from now on use
template2.phpfor invoice layout.
Work around (not tested)
- Default PDF template is set to Templ1.
- Go to Invoices.
- Click button [Options] of the respective invoice.
- Choose Send Email
- Enter your own email address as recipient.
- Under PDF Template choose Templ2…
- Click [Send].
- Received email should have attached the invoice with Templ2 layout irrespective of Templ1 as default PDF template.
Nice to have (in the long run)
Define Templ1 as default PDF template under Settings Invoices Invoice Template
Add new customer.
New field Default PDF Template is pre-set with setting’s configuration (Templ1). Change it to Templ2 if necessary.
Save new customer.
Add new invoice for customer.
New field Default PDF Template is pre-set with customer’s default setting (Templ2). Change it if necessary.
Save new invoice.
Downloading this invoice results in using its PDF template setting.
Nice to have (low hanging fruits)
- Use the PDF template chosing mechanism from the Send Email dialogue before downloading the invoice PDF.
Edit: Though I only need this feature for invoices it probably would be nice for quotes, too…