Custom Invoice Problem after Upgrade

Hi!
After I always run into errors while trying to upgrade from 1.4.3 to the latest version, I made a fresh 1.5.5 installation. Only thing I can’t get to work is a part of my custom Invoice template. In the old one I had a header, containing my name and workfields. The Invoiceplane.php started like the one below. I tried to insert the body-part in the new one, but mpdf just ignores it and the page header stays hidden. Any ideas? Help?
Thanks a lot,
Mathias

<html lang="<?php echo lang('cldr'); ?>">
<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <title><?php echo lang('invoice'); ?></title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo base_url(); ?>assets/default/css/templates.css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo base_url(); ?>assets/default/css/custom-pdf.css">
</head>
<body>
<header class="clearfix">
 <tbody><tr style="mso-yfti-irow:0;mso-yfti-firstrow:yes;mso-yfti-lastrow:yes;
  height:14.4pt">
  <td style="width:465.1pt;border:none;border-bottom:solid gray 2.25pt;
  padding:3.6pt 5.75pt 3.6pt 5.75pt;height:14.4pt" valign="top" width="465">
  <p class="MsoHeader" style="text-align:center;line-height:115%" align="center"><span style="font-size:19.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:Cambria;mso-fareast-font-family:
  &quot;Times New Roman&quot;;color:black">My Name<o:p></o:p></span></p>
  <p class="MsoHeader" style="text-align:center" align="center"><span style="font-size:15.0pt;font-family:Cambria;mso-fareast-font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;
  color:black">Workfield1 ∙ Workfield1 ∙ Workfield1</span><span style="font-size:15.0pt;font-family:Cambria;mso-fareast-font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
  </td>
 </tr>
</tbody>
<o:p>&nbsp;</o:p>
    <div id="logo">
        <?php echo invoice_logo_pdf(); ?>

Hello pbthias,

Did you put your old .css files where you did changes?
eg: “assets/default/css/custom-pdf.css”

Best regards,
Emanuel

Hi Emanuel!

The “head” part seems to have changed since v1.4.3, it looks like the one below now (this is the copy of the InvoicePlane.php with the new install). I tried to replace the custom-pdf.css at /assets/core/… with the old one from /default/css - but that didn’t help. I don’t know much about css in general, but somehow managed to get this working 1,5 years ago…
Any help is greatly appreciated!
EDIT: I just checked, I haven’t changed anything in the custom-pdf.css in the old install :-/
Thanks,
Mathias

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="<?php _trans('cldr'); ?>">
<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <title><?php _trans('invoice'); ?></title>
    <link rel="stylesheet"
          href="<?php echo base_url(); ?>assets/<?php echo get_setting('system_theme', 'invoiceplane'); ?>/css/templates.css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo base_url(); ?>assets/core/css/custom-pdf.css">
</head>
<body>
<header class="clearfix">
 <tbody><tr style="mso-yfti-irow:0;mso-yfti-firstrow:yes;mso-yfti-lastrow:yes;
  height:14.4pt">
  <td style="width:465.1pt;border:none;border-bottom:solid gray 2.25pt;
  padding:3.6pt 5.75pt 3.6pt 5.75pt;height:14.4pt" valign="top" width="465">
  <p class="MsoHeader" style="text-align:center;line-height:115%" align="center"><span style="font-size:19.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:Cambria;mso-fareast-font-family:
  &quot;Times New Roman&quot;;color:black">Mathias Riediger<o:p></o:p></span></p>
  <p class="MsoHeader" style="text-align:center" align="center"><span style="font-size:15.0pt;font-family:Cambria;mso-fareast-font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;
  color:black">Komposition ∙ Studiotechnik ∙ Musikproduktion</span><span style="font-size:15.0pt;font-family:Cambria;mso-fareast-font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
  </td>
 </tr>
</tbody>
<o:p>&nbsp;</o:p>
    <div id="logo">
        <?php echo invoice_logo_pdf(); ?>
    </div>

Hello Mathias,

Did you set the right template for invoice (see Settings -> System Settings -> Invoices -> Invoice Template)?
Your changes are in application/views/invoice_templates/pdf/ or in application/views/quote_templates/pdf/?

I try to help you…

Best regards,
Emanuel

Hi Emanuel!
Yeah, I edit the default Invoice Template (and that one is selected in the system settings. Other changes (I added a custom field) are working as expected. That also shows I am working on the right file (application/views/invoice_templates/pdf/)…
Thanks,
Mathias

Anyone? Please? I really need to get this working again :-/

You may try to make your template valid HTML code. tbody, tr and all other table elements have to be put into a table element…