Remove Quantity from invoice

I know it was asked 2 years ago but I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of the quantity when I create an invoice. Thanks

The easiest way would be just to remove that field from your templates :blush:

Obviously it would still appear in the back end, but it would not be visible to clients.

Hi,
if possible, would you be able to advise, where the templates can be edited so that the field can be removed?
Kindest regards

Look at application/modules/invoices/views/partial_item_table.php

<?php foreach ($items as $item) { ?>
                    <td class="td-amount td-quantity">
                        <div class="input-group">
                            <span class="input-group-addon"><?php _trans('quantity'); ?></span>
                            <input type="text" name="item_quantity" class="input-sm form-control amount"
                                   value="<?php echo format_amount($item->item_quantity); ?>"
                                <?php if ($invoice->is_read_only == 1) {
                                    echo 'disabled="disabled"';
                                } ?>>
                        </div>
                    </td>

<?php } ?> 

You should also look at the invoice controller and force the quantity to 1 for each item.

Quantity column removal

Thank you very much.
I’ve found the controller, but am not sure which item you mean to force to 1. Would you be able to advise on this?
Best regards

You said in the initial post that you do not want a quantity field on the invoice setting as the item is a fixed price item.

You have to ensure then that the quantity is 1 and not zero.

If you force the quantity to 1, you would have achieved this.

If you don’t want to do this in the controller, consider using a hidden fields in the form,

<input type="hidden" name="item_quantity" value="1"

I’m not sure we talk about the same thing… I said that I would like a quantity (Qty) not to appear at all on the invoice.
Ideally, I would only like these columns to show up on the invoice: Item, Description, Price
Do you think this is feasible?
Kindest regards

I understand that you said that the quantity should not appear on the invoice. My first post pointed to the code that must be removed.

However. any invoice iten MUST HAVE A QUANTITY In your case your quantity will be forced to ‘1’. My last code segment shows the quantity field as a hidden value with a forced value of 1. It will not appear on the form, but will be required in calculations for the invoice total.

I understand, thanks a lot.
Do I understand well that the code you shared (<input type=“hidden” name=“item_quantity” value=“1”) should be put to the file \application\modules\invoices\controllers\Invoices.php? Would you be able to advise to which area of the file this should be added?
Kindest regards

Add it to the form application/modules/invoices/views/partial_item_table.php

In fact, replace the code that you removed for the quantity by the hidden field.

Therefore, you would have

1. Removed the visible field and its label
  2. Added a new hidden.

Now, when you Save the invoice form, the quantity will be sent as before, but now with a value of 1. And your item total will be
item_total = item_price * quantity
= item_price * 1