Error 500 when accessing System Settings

Hi,

InvoicePlane is installed on VPS and loving InvoicePlane every bit. I can log in without problem and can access most of the tabs but not System Settings. When I click on System Settings the result is unstyle texts, radio buttons and inputs fields. and when I inspect the code .

Three errors appears in the console.
ReferenceError: $ is not definded settings:2
ReferenceError: $ is not definded settings:67
Failed to locad resources: the server responsed with a status of 404 (Not Found) favicon.icon

I am not sure if these error are helpful but please guide me how to get log to show you all what cause System Settings not rendering correctly.

Please check the network tab of your browser if any resources like CSS or JavaScript files were not found and post the information here.

Hi,

I checked inspect mode via Google Chrome and it appear that no stylesheet and javascript is found… I am not sure why you suggest Network as that is for recording the networking ?

William

The errors in your console refer to Jquery. Make sure this file exists and can be reached: YOUR_SITE/assets/core/js/dependencies.min.js

I have checked the folder and yes I do have dependencies.min.js. I looked at the source code and I cannot see any js or css requested. I scroled down at the bottom and this php error appears.
Fatal error: Arrays are not allowed in class constants in /home/wilbournecom/public_html/task.wilbourne.com.au/application/libraries/Sumex.php on line 28

<h4>A PHP Error was encountered</h4>

<p>Severity: Compile Error</p>
<p>Message: Arrays are not allowed in class constants</p>
<p>Filename: libraries/Sumex.php</p>
<p>Line Number: 28</p>

<p>Backtrace:</p>

I am not sure how to get the System Settings back working and not sure what best way to find detailed debug information to give you a better insight of what went wrong.

You will need to explain: on which page you get which error, from which page you landed on that erratic page, which action you were performing, when did it start rendering the page abnormally, etc.
How much did you modify the original InvoicePlane script? I can see you have a custom css already.

Okay.

I log in and went to Systems Settings. The error are ReferenceError: $ is not defined Settings:2:5
and settings:67:5.

Previously I tried to add filled in the SMTP detail but when I send to the client the error was password was inccorrect which I know I have to reset the password for mail server.

Another noted that I have modified the invoice pdf template and login page. It mostly CSS styling and have not tamper the script…

Another error appears when I download PDF the errors show up.

<br />
<b>Parse error</b>:  syntax error, unexpected '/', expecting ',' or ';' in <b>/home/wilbournecom/public_html/task.wilbourne.com.au/vendor/mpdf/mpdf/src/Mpdf.php</b> on line <b>51</b><br />

<div style="border:1px solid #990000;padding-left:20px;margin:0 0 10px 0;">

<p>Severity: Warning</p>
    <p>Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wilbournecom/public_html/task.wilbourne.com.au/vendor/mpdf/mpdf/src/Mpdf.php:51)</p>
    <p>Filename: core/Common.php</p>
    <p>Line Number: 564</p>

</div>

<div style="border:1px solid #990000;padding-left:20px;margin:0 0 10px 0;">

<p>Severity: Parsing Error</p>
    <p>Message: syntax error, unexpected '/', expecting ',' or ';'</p>
    <p>Filename: src/Mpdf.php</p>
    <p>Line Number: 51</p>

</div>

What code do you have on Line 51 of this file: /vendor/mpdf/mpdf/src/Mpdf.php ?

I decide to start a fresh installation of InvoicePlane and the problem is no longer a issue. I think it might caused by STMP setup in previous installation but will let you know if I encounter similiar problem. Thank you for your invaluable time to assist me.