Okay, all we know the main purpose of InvoicePlane, but by the way since it’s really customizable and since I determined it by working on one project where it helps me a lot of to get job done quickly I was thinking about giving idea to developers to make it more universal in future… How and why?
How currently InvoicePlane helping me a lot of (project Authorised Apple Service Provider)?
If you get deep into your mind you will conclude that only minor changes are needed to get quickly app which will have:
- Clients (with tabbed data relation)
- Taking device where fields can be easily added and spreaded from receipt for device deposit to invoice
- Printing proof of device deopsit
- Converting deposit to service work order
- Client can be notified by email or he can see status of service by QR code or link printed on proof of deposit via already integrated guest URL
- Servicer can easily make changes to service item by changing it’s status
- Work order is converting to bill and after payment device is dispatched to client via invoice.
- All reparations and client history is stored on one page
This is only one alternative use of InvoicePlane , but I think it can be used in a hundred other situations. Developing of InvoicePlane maybe in fair away future can be directed into extending:
- Extending user roles and permissions, client permissions
- Extending custom fields (types and placements)
- Creating pages/views (since for now link in address bar can be only changed by .htaccess or duplicating module)
I just wanted to share this, maybe it helps someone who need something, but didn’t realised this possibilities of already done app.