InvoicePlane 1.5.2 released

A new release of the InvoicePlane application is available: v1.5.2
You can download the latest version from the InvoicePlane website.

Update Guide | Changelog

This is a small release with a couple of fixes for the latest versions of InvoicePlane. It also solves the 404 error for online payments.

If you want to know more about InvoicePlane 1.5 please visit the original topic.

:beetle: Known bugs in version 1.5.2

• Import not working properly (IP-510)
  • Dashboard may show wrong amounts for invoices with multiple payments (IP-527)
  • Invoice are shown twice if they have multiple payments (IP-527)

Herzlichen Dank!

This fixed the 404 error but it does not fix the guest requirement to login to pay. I use Stripe for payments and this ā€œworksā€ but customers are left with a login prompt after paying. This is a confusing user experience.

successfully upgraded but for the life of me I cannot find or do this step in securing my database

Please open the file application/config/config.php and change the line $config[ā€˜sess_use_databaseā€™] = false; to $config[ā€˜sess_use_databaseā€™] = true;.

I am not finding this anywhere in the config.phpā€¦ I did a search and did not find this under session variables or anywhere else

HELPPP

Good morning,

in Upgrade Guide i saw special notes for upgrading from 1.5.0 to 1.5.1 and from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 - so an update from 1.5.0 to 1.5.2 directly is not possible?

BR Andreas

Good Day,

It is possible with no problems.
However, due to changes in some file names.
I suggest you delete all your files, (Keep your templates / ipconfig / etcā€¦)
Upload all your files fresh, and rerun the setup for upgrading the database.

I tested it yesterday, works like a charm

Ok, thank you for the fast reply.

I tried the following:

• fresh files
  • copied database
  • uploaded files from 1.5.0:
    • invoice template files
    • upload folder
    • ipconfig.php

Seems to work perfect. Thanks.

This was a lot easier for me, because uploading so many files always gets me some ftp errors during uploading, i donā€™t know why. In this case i uploaded the zip, unzipped it via ssh and replaced the files and database information-

This is already outdated. Just ignore it.
However, what do you mean by securing your database?

Yeah thanks for that, it seems I missed something there. Will be fixed for 1.5.3.

Instead of uploading all the files via FTP, upload one zip file and extract the files on the server :slight_smile:

This is what i did this time. I did not know that it is working too like that.

I read the upgrade guide and thought that files and folders have to be replaced / merged. Just unzipping the zip file and copying the required files and folders back is much easier. :slight_smile:

that section you mentioned but its out of date im not going to worry about it as I followed the other steps mentioned thanks

is there a way to center logos in the invoice?. nevermind if anyone wants to know its assets\invoiceplane\sass templates.scss now if this works im not sure but i will try before giving up

Wrong file. There are two files that were added exactly for this purpose:
/assets/core/css/custom.css
and
/assets/core/css/custom-pdf.css

In your case, place your CSS in custom-pdf.css

Hi Kovah, thanks heaps.

Just to confirm - As I am still on 1.4.10, I should manually update to 1.5, then 1.5.1 then 1.5.2? Rather than going straight from 1.4.10 to 1.5.2?

You should upgrade to 1.5.0 first as itā€™s very huge. Check if everything is working and then upgrade to 1.5.2. But make sure to take a look at the upgrade notes.

Hi there!

I discovered InvoicePlane at 1.5 and was excited for all the online payments then disappointed in them 404ing so this release was exciting for me as Iā€™m coming from InvoiceNinja which is a bit slow and doesnā€™t always load properly.

However I found one unmentioned bug. When uploading an attachment to an invoice, you can download it from an admin account, but if a guest tries to download it, they get a ā€œNot Foundā€ and the url is, for example, https://pay.sunitai.me/guest/get/attachment/8cNTrh3IztCZeJb_example.png

The location of the URL is https://pay.sunitai.me/index.php/upload/get_file/8cNTrh3IztCZeJb_example.png but the file is located in /uploads/customer_files/

Please help! Thanks.

Thanks
https://development.invoiceplane.com/browse/IP-532

Sorry to hear you were having trouble with InvoiceNinja, if youā€™d like to try to resolve the problems weā€™ll of course work with you.

Otherwise, InvoicePlane is a great app. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be happy using itā€¦