InvoicePlane 1.5.1 released

My upgrade from 1.5.0 to 1.5.1 went without any problem although it would be good to think also about the following during and after the upgrade;

• Files that also should better not be overwritten during the upgrade are the css-files in assets/core/css. This is only important is the custom css files have been edited in a previous version.
  • To be able to run the setup again, the setup redirect in .htaccess must be commented out and re-enabled afterwards.
  • To be able to send e-mails when SMTP is configured, after the upgrade the SMTP password should be re-entered in Settings > System settings > E-mail

General remarks about my 1.5.1 configuration

• Generated reports are opened in the same browser window as where InvoicePlane is running. Opening these reports in a new window, like invoices do, would be nice.
  • I have two payment options; Bank and Cash where Bank is the default. When a payment is done, I would like to be able to change the payment method from from Bank to Cash but this option is blocked / greyed out.

Thanks for your input!
I will update the wiki accordingly.

By the way: the htaccess rule for the setup can be removed, there now is a setting in the ipconfig.php file for that (see the example file).
Why do the SMTP password need to be entered again? Was it changed somehow?

That you can’t change the payment method is intentionally to prevent any changes after the payment was processed. A security measurement. But I may add an option to disable it.

The smtp password has not been changed but after the upgrade, when I try to send an invoice I get an smtp error in InvoicePlane. After entering the password, I can send Invoices via mail again. I also saw this same behaviour after the upgrade from 1.4.10 to 1.5.0.

Would be great to have the option to change the payment methodf because I enter payments manualy and sometimes my customers like to pay cash when they receive the invoice…

Again about the issue in my configuration where changing the payment method is blocked. When I try the same in a fresh installation with 1.5.1 this option is not blocked. Any clue what might be the cause?

I have no idea about that. There wasn’t anything changed regarding the payments in 1.5.1.

I have just upgraded to 1.5.1 and have a problem sending emails, I simply get the following and emails are not sent:

It seems that the application stuck because of an error.

Nothing is written to the application/logs when ENABLE_DEBUG=true is set.

I have tried PHP Mail and Sendmail, both are working for other applications on the server.

This might have nothing to do with anything but there are a lot of lines like this in the log:

ERROR - 2017-05-01 22:52:17 --> Could not find the language line "enabled"

Did you re-entered the credentials for SMTP?

Did you re-entered the credentials for SMTP?

No I haven’t been using authenticated SMTP, I been using /usr/sbin/sendmail (in this case Exim), I also tried PHP Mail, but neither worked, I could look at setting up unauthenticated SMPT on the localhost if needs be.

@Benny54

Generated Reports (and viewing other PDF files like Invoices or Quotes): I agree that opening these types of pdf files on top of the same browser window is not the best solution. Opening another tab or browser window is good, but I prefer this type of view into a modal window and so you do not have to leave the same page/window.
@Kovah: Is it possible to add an additional option in “General settings” to view PDFs in a modal window OR in a new tab/window?

Good morning. Thank you for the updates.
Right now, Created clean DB, unzipped files, duplicated and renamed the ipconfig file, added the subdomain to the ip url line (without the trailing slash) and when I try to start the setup I get the below error.

Please note that:

1. My setup is pretty simple. Cpanel. I’m using a subdomain for InvoicePlane. This is a clean install.
  2. I installed 1.4 version using a subdomain also, clean db, etc. And I’ve been using it for months now, working perfectly.
  3. I’m using these Installation steps https://wiki.invoiceplane.com/en/1.5/getting-started/installation
  4. I already downloaded the latest version online
  5. I see the welcome screen, When I click the green setup button I get the error.

In my cpanel, Same environment and permissions as my current 1.4 installation just different folder name. Any clues?

Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in /home/-----/public_html/test-environ/bill15/application/modules/setup/controllers/Setup.php on line 338
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/-----/public_html/test-environ/bill15/application/modules/setup/controllers/Setup.php:338)

Filename: core/Common.php

Line Number: 564

Backtrace:

Severity: Compile Error

Filename: controllers/Setup.php

Line Number: 338

Backtrace:

In order to make sure that email was working on the server I used this script via the command line and via HTTPS to send emails via PHP Mail and both worked without an issue.

After a quick look I couldn’t find a simple script to test /usr/sbin/sendmail via a PHP script so I simply tested it via the command line:

echo "Test of sendmail" | /usr/sbin/sendmail -v chris@webarchitects.co.uk

There are no problems sending email via PHP Mail or /usr/sbin/sendmail as far as I can tell on the servers I’m using for hosting, however as mentioned above I haven’t been able to send any emails using either of these methods using Invoice Plane 1.5.1. Next week I might have some time to do some testing of unauthenticated SMTP via localhost.

The problem does not exist at previous version, but once i update the invoice plane to 1.5.1, the software will show up duplicated invoice (in dashboard or viewing invoice section) if i make two partial payments on the same invoice. It causes the invoice overdue showing wrong/duplicate amount.

Thanks for the report, added a ticket for that.

https://development.invoiceplane.com/browse/IP-527

Hi I am trying to update from version v1.4.6 to 1.51. Following this guide: https://wiki.invoiceplane.com/en/1.5/getting-started/updating-ip I am following this portion of upgrading “Additional steps for specific versions” This is the error that comes up:

Severity: Notice

Filename: helpers/trans_helper.php

Line Number: 82

Backtrace:

File: invoiceplane/application/helpers/trans_helper.php
Line: 82
Function: _error_handler

File: invoiceplane/application/helpers/trans_helper.php
Line: 31
Function: reset_language

File: invoiceplane/application/modules/setup/controllers/Setup.php
Line: 268
Function: trans

File:/invoiceplane/application/modules/setup/controllers/Setup.php
Line: 212
Function: check_database

File: /invoiceplane/index.php
Line: 334
Function: require_once
Fatal error: Call to a member function setting() on null in /application/helpers/trans_helper.php on line 82

Severity: Error

Filename: helpers/trans_helper.php

Line Number: 82

Backtrace:

What do I put for line 82??? $default_lang = $CI->mdl_settings->setting(‘default_language’); do I change default language to english? or put en?. I selected en from the drop down and clicked next and thats what happened.

Thanks

Please wait for 1.5.2 instead of changing any files.

thank you i will revert and stay on 1.46 and try again when 1.5.2 is released. Would I follow the same guide? when upgrading or is it a simpler method?. Its been a while since ive used invoiceplane and I eventually need to get it up and running and hopefully migrate all my fusion invoice information over to it =)

You upgrade to 1.5.2 the same way you upgrade to 1.5.0. please follow the upgrade guide in the wiki.

ok so pretty much what I was following. IS there any approximation as to when 1.5.2 will be released?.

Thanks

After upgrading from a much older version (1.1) i got the following error:

http://imgur.com/n57P0nc

Was able to fix this by renaming the folder (application/language) of the selected language (during setup) to non-capital. E.g. Dutch to dutch.

I’m having an issue on this version, which used to work.
When I’m generating a PDF from an invoice or quote, I keep getting the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘/’, expecting ‘,’ or ‘;’ in /home/techbis170/domains/techbit-services.be/public_html/billing/vendor/mpdf/mpdf/src/Mpdf.php on line 51

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/techbis170/domains/techbit-services.be/public_html/billing/vendor/mpdf/mpdf/src/Mpdf.php:51)

Filename: core/Common.php

Line Number: 570

Backtrace:

Severity: Parsing Error

Filename: src/Mpdf.php

Line Number: 51

Backtrace:

It used to work when I had just upgraded to 1.5.1, but my server provided recently did a shift to another, newer server. It stopped working after that
Could it be related to that?

I’ve already reuploaded the whole invoiceplane program to the server, did no difference.

EDIT: Nvm, I fixed it. Apparently when they did the move, they changed the PHP version back to 5.5 instead of 7.
I’ve changed it back to 7 and this fixed it.