Guest account and clients homonymy

Hi all,
Maybe we have a little problem. The guest accounts allow you to create a user account which can only view invoices and payments for one or more clients.

A guest account may be created for a particular client, in which case you would create the account and grant access to only that client.

But what happens when there are two or more people/clients with the same name?
I need show a new field during selection, such information should be sufficient to prevent confusion in the case of homonymy.

for eg.

Mario Rossi -> from Milan
Mario Rossi -> from Rome

In that very specific (and maybe uncommon) case I would suggest adding the city in brackets to the name:

Mario Rossi (Milan)
Mario Rossi (Rome)

It happened to me. Actually, in Italy it’s very common, often we have two people in the same city :frowning:
Maybe I should to choose another field -> e-mail address should be fine.
Sorry, Which files I’d have to modify in my case?

You mean that in the form for guest accounts you can’t differ between two clients, right?
I added an issue report for that: https://development.invoiceplane.com/browse/IP-496

Yes, perfect.
And I think I’ve done!

file: modal_user_client.php

code:

<?php // show email address for each client (remove homonymy problem) foreach ($clients as $client) { echo "client_name) . "\" "; **echo ">" . htmlspecialchars($client->client_name) ." - ". htmlspecialchars($client->client_email) ."**"; } ?>

here the screenshot

1 Like