[Solved] Error Connecting to database

I have attempted to install this on Windows 2008 server using XAMPP and also on Ubuntu using LAMP. At first I had trouble even starting installation, I would get a 404 message. I found a thread that suggested I change the line in the .htaccess file from RewriteBase / to #RewriteBase / so that it is not read and that allowed me to begin setup. I am now hitting the same installation issue on both servers. After putting in my database information (host: localhost, username: myusername, password: mypassword, database: invoice_plane) I get the message "the database is successfully configured) Then I get these error messages:

Windows XAMPP - A Database Error Occurred, Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings. Filename C:\xampp\htdocs\invoiceplane\system\database\DB_driver.php Line Number: 124

Ubuntu LAMP - A Database Error Occurred, Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings. Filename /var/www/html/invoiceplane/third_party/MX/Loader.php Line Number:99

Any idea what is tripping me up?

Plesse read this post: [Solved] Database problems with v1.2.0

If the problem is not solved please write again.

Thank you. I overlooked this posting because it referred to an upgrade but that fixed my problem! Thank you for the prompt response!

No problem.
If you encounter any other problems or if you have questions feel free to ask again. :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.