New invoice plane installation - Error on settings

Hi,

Did the last update break anything in the settings.php ? - I get the following errors, when trying to update the settings…

ERROR - 2016-12-17 00:40:16 --> Severity: Notice  --> Undefined index: invoice_logo /var/www/html/application/modules/settings/controllers/settings.php 60
ERROR - 2016-12-17 00:40:16 --> Severity: Notice  --> Undefined index: login_logo /var/www/html/application/modules/settings/controllers/settings.php 74
ERROR - 2016-12-17 00:40:51 --> Severity: Notice  --> Undefined index: invoice_logo /var/www/html/application/modules/settings/controllers/settings.php 60
ERROR - 2016-12-17 00:40:51 --> Severity: Notice  --> Undefined index: login_logo /var/www/html/application/modules/settings/controllers/settings.php 74
ERROR - 2016-12-17 00:41:01 --> Severity: Notice  --> Undefined index: invoice_logo /var/www/html/application/modules/settings/controllers/settings.php 60
ERROR - 2016-12-17 00:41:01 --> Severity: Notice  --> Undefined index: login_logo /var/www/html/application/modules/settings/controllers/settings.php 74
ERROR - 2016-12-17 00:41:13 --> Severity: Notice  --> Undefined index: invoice_logo /var/www/html/application/modules/settings/controllers/settings.php 60
ERROR - 2016-12-17 00:41:13 --> Severity: Notice  --> Undefined index: login_logo /var/www/html/application/modules/settings/controllers/settings.php 74
ERROR - 2016-12-17 00:41:26 --> Severity: Notice  --> Undefined index: invoice_logo /var/www/html/application/modules/settings/controllers/settings.php 60
ERROR - 2016-12-17 00:41:26 --> Severity: Notice  --> Undefined index: login_logo /var/www/html/application/modules/settings/controllers/settings.php 74

/~ Regards Henrik

No, i can’t remember that the settings.php was changes, escepially not the invoice logo.

Hi there,

this is not a real error, as you can read in the error message this is a PHP “Notice”.
In code there is a ‘miss’ most likely similar to what you can read here but it doesn’t break the code:
http://ccm.net/faq/1426-notice-undefined-index#q=undefined+index+error+in+php&cur=2&url=%2F

Regards,
Eric

Strange - I’ll try to reinstall the dev. box and everything in to it.

@Offtopic -
Will there be a point of trying to this error my self if it continure, or will the iP projekt be rewritten?

Hi,

happy 2017 :slight_smile:
Well, you could see if you can get rid of the php notice and it should also be taken care of by InvoicePlane dev(s). Ofcourse if you find the right solution you can Always post it back here or join github and do a ‘pull’ request and put your fix back in. Even though it is not a problem for the program itself it is best not seeing any errors in your logfile(s).

Regards,
Eric

I am not getting an error during installation, but I am not able to install it. When I go to /setup and I select the language and type into the database fields, the next screen is the select language again, I mean a loop forever. That’s not cool. I tried on different computers and browsers. I am getting upset.