Updating to 1.4.7 or 1.4.8 failed

Hello everybody,

A few weeks ago I tried to update my current version (1.4.6) to the new 1.4.7 version. When I tried to reach the setup page of my new updated version (https://www.dyzar.net/invoice/test) it redirects me to a URL that shows the IP address of my web hosting server, like this:

After that, I decided to wait for a new version (1.4.8) which is released right now. But with version 1.4.8 I got exactly the same problem.

I’ve checked my .htaccess files and the config.php file. I also have tried things like this: Wrong URL in 1.4.7

My InvoicePlane V1.4.6 still runs fine at ‘https://www.dyzar.net/invoice/dyzar3049ou04o

Does anyone have any idea?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Please do not change the config.php file and make sure that your .htaccess file has the following line below the RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase invoice/dyzar3049ou04o

1.4.7 had a URL detection that was removed in 1.4.8 so the URL should not be changed automatically.


Thanks for the very fast reply.

My .htaccess file of /invoice/test looks like this right now:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /invoice/test
RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

Remove the hash in front of the following two lines if you want to force HTTPS

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301,L]

It looks like this link will work correctly: https://www.dyzar.net/invoice/test/index.php/welcome but when I try https://www.dyzar.net/invoice/test/index.php/setup it goes wrong :frowning:

Kind regards,

Could you please try again after disabling the .htaccess? Just to be sure.

Hmm weird. It looks like nothing changed when I deleted the .htaccess file. Maybe I need to ask for support at my web hosting company.

Keep you updated and thanks for so far!

Okay this is really weird. Sounds like some sort of Caching or misconfiguration of the server.

We have the same issue and edited the /application/config/config.php
I changed $config['base_url'] = ''; and added our url $config['base_url'] = 'http://OUR.URL';

This solver the problem of the IP address but the system still wont update all we get when we enter setup is the setup/language page

<div class="container">
    <div class="install-panel">

        <h1 id="logo"><span>InvoicePlane</span></h1>

        <form method="post" action="http://OUR.URL/index.php/setup/language">


Yes I have the same problem.
I will contact my web hosting company tomorrow. Hopefully they have any idea.

I let you know if I know something more.

Have a nice day!

I did a fresh install and it has the same problem

It looks like a software issue rather than a server one. I don’t want to start delving in to my server settings as everything on it is running fine.

Its VPS running on Debian 8 with Apache

Same here. The update and a new installation have both the same problem. Version 1.4.6 is running fine on my web server. Older versions where running fine too.

Kind regards,

Hi Randy
its not your web Hosting problem . i use 1.4.7 on local successfully install and use, but when i try install 1.4.8 i have same problem with you . i use it on ubuntu-apache 2.4 php 7 . i cant find any issue yet.

The setup issue was resolved. Somehow a line of code was missing from the package. Please download it again and try to run the setup.

Reference: InvoicePlane 1.4.8 released

1 Like

thanks for quick reply.

Thanks everybody for the replies.
Believe it or not, but the new (updated) version 1.4.8 doesn’t work either for me. Same problem haha, even with .htaccess disabled.

For me there is no hurry at the moment. I’m running 1.4.6 fine.


I updated the package again, the URL detection should work again.

1 Like

I downloaded the first time and I had the redirecting to my IP address problem.
Then I downloaded the v1.4.8.zip file the second time and it’s working fine now.

Make sure you save the 1.4.7 database.php file and copy to 1.4.8:

Then run the setup at:
(Note: https://wiki.invoiceplane.com/en/1.0/getting-started/updating-ip step #4. is incorrect)


For me the latest version of V1.4.8 is working fine now!
Big thanks to Kovah and everybody else who reacted on this post.