InvoicePlane and Invoice Ninja: Better together

Hello InvoicePlane community,

My name’s Hillel Coren, I’m the lead developer of Invoice Ninja

As you may have read we’ve been discussing with @Kovah how we could potentially work together. The conversation actually started many years ago but was restarted recently.

With @Kovah’s permission I’m here with a simple pitch… we’d like to make it as easy as possible for those interested to switch over to using our app.

There are a few parts to making this happen:

• Create method to export data from InvoicePlane
  • Add tranformers in Invoice Ninja to import the data
  • Determine if there are any required missing features

If there’s interest we can make implementing missing features a priority, we have a large community and are actively developing our application.

To be clear we hope InvoicePlane can continue to be maintained for the indefinite future, I’m sure there are many users who are too tightly integrated to switch.

Your feedback is very much appreciated!

6 Likes

Hi;

I know to topic is a little bit old but
I wonder what happen

I saw on github the invoice plane still active

So this proposition to merge those two projects just won’t happen, or ?

I was using InvoicePlane for few years and prefer it at Invoice Ninja
should I stay with InvoicePlane or in long term it’s not a viable solution because the development will stop and Invoice Ninja is the next step ??

Regards!

Jonathan

Hi @jodumont,

Thanks for your feedback!

Yes, we’re more than happy to help people who are interested switch from InvoicePlane to Invoice Ninja.

Since writing this post we’ve created a library to help automate the process.

It can be hard for one app to completely replace another as generally each app has its own strengths and weaknesses. If there are particular features you feel are missing from Invoice Ninja let us know and we’ll try to add them.

Here’s our roadmap: https://trello.com/b/63BbiVVe/invoice-ninja

275MB once extracted? bruh

We try to leverage third party frameworks/libraries where possible to reduce the amount of code we need to write.

The self-host zip contains all third party code so it’s quite large, the zip from GitHub would be much smaller.

Edit: a big chunk of space (close to 100MB) is used to support custom fonts.