No success installing on xampp

Hello,

I’ve been trying to get invoiceplane working for quite a few hours now. I’m trying to install it on a xampp apache server in a sub-directory named “invoices”.

My .htaccess file is as follows:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /invoices
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L]

I’ve tried using virtual hosts

<VirtualHost *:80>
	DocumentRoot "D:/xampp/htdocs"
	ServerName localhost
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
	DocumentRoot "D:/xampp/htdocs/invoices"
	<Directory "D:/xampp/htdocs/invoices">
		AllowOverride All
		Require all Granted
	</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

The following is a screenshot of what error I keep receiving. My main concern is what this “localhostd” is.

Hopefully someone can help. Thanks!

Hello,

Not very familiar with Xampp but I did notice that that your URL is “localhostd” you have training d at the end from the Chrome screenshot.

Yea, that’s what’s confusing me. I’ll enter “localhost/invoices/setup” then it shows this page and shows the URL as seen in the screenshot.

Apologies, I should have mentioned that detail.

Are there any other apps like Wordpress working with your setup? If no, please use the XAMPP support forums as your general setup may have some errors.

Please try this and report back.

So I just realized what’s going on with the “localhostd”

It has to do with this line here:

define('URL_SUBFOLDER', ($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] != dirname(__FILE__) ? str_replace($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'], '', dirname(__FILE__)) : ''));

Because I’m using xampp, the URL_SUBFOLDER becomes “D:\xampp\htdocs\invoices”. So all that is being put into the url when I try to access the setup
(http://www.localhost d.com/xampp/htdocs/ invoices/index.php/setup/language)

My question at this point is whether or not there’s anyway I can get rid of the “.com” that gets injected to the URL

I figured it out!

I added a str_replace to get rid of the “D:\xampp\htdocs”

define('URL_SUBFOLDER', str_replace("D:\\xampp\\htdocs",'',($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] != dirname(__FILE__) ? str_replace($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'], '', dirname(__FILE__)) : '')));