Email doesn't work

Dear Invoiceplane community!

I have succesfully installed my own InvoicePlane on my server. I set up every detail from the settings and stuff (so I set the email to).

Now I am 100% sure my email settings are correct (with SMTP). And when I made a new test account on my personal email and tried to request a new password on the login page. It doesn’t send an email.

I also tried other email methods, But they don’t work either.

My webhost does meet the requirements for this software, so that shouldn’t be the problem.

My InvoicePlane nicely says: “Email has been sent”. But I don’t receive anything. Also not in my spam folder of my email I should receive the password reset link on.

Now I checked my noreply email (which I use to email these kind of things). And I saw that InvoicePlane didn’t even send an email. Otherwise I would knew hotmail / outlook servers blocked my email.

Could you guys help me out? Thanks :slight_smile:

• Justin

Could you please post more information about your email host?

My email does work, I have an email of versio.nl

I have a full working SMTP, it works with any other mail client to (outlook etc.)

• Justin

+BUMP

Still haven’t got an answer :frowning:

• Justin

i also have that problem. email not working on my local server. it getting error “Could not instantiate mail function.”

+BUMP. Still no fix :confused:

There will be no fix in the near future. I tested InvoicePlane with all available sending methods (SMTP, SendMail and PHP Mail) and all methods worked.
SMTP was tested with Mandrill, Google Mail and an own mail server.

Hey!

OK, So I think I found the problem!

Here is a screenshot:

(I am using PHP email now)

So, the password reset email sends from an invalid email address. (system@**www.**justinvandongen.nl) ???

How can I remove that www. from the email sender. Maybe it will then send emails?

Thanks,

• Justin

https://development.invoiceplane.com/browse/IP-401

1 Like