Cannot add clients to a user account

Hello everyone,

I cannot add Clients for a user to be able to access to User account.
This issue is happening both on InvoicePlane Demo site and on my own installation.
When: settings/user accounts/+ New/user type>guest/ + Add client
or: settings/user accounts/Edit/user type>guest/ + Add client

On the dialog box that is displayed, there is no Clients menu, typing client’s menu does not give a dropdown menu, and no clients are displayed or added to a user account.

InvoicePlane is 1.4.6, the requirements are met, the installation went without issues, debug mode does not create any logs.

Anyone has some idea what could be wrong here?

I have the same problem!

Hi,

They forgot to put typeahead library on the following code.

Try this:

On application\modules\layout\views\layout.php - Line 41

<script src="<?php echo base_url(); ?>assets/default/js/libs/jquery-1.12.3.min.js"></script>
    <script src="<?php echo base_url(); ?>assets/default/js/libs/bootstrap-3.3.6.min.js"></script>
    <script src="<?php echo base_url(); ?>assets/default/js/libs/bootstrap-typeahead.js"></script><?php //ADD THIS LINE ?> 
    <script src="<?php echo base_url(); ?>assets/default/js/libs/jquery-ui-1.11.4.min.js"></script>
    <script src="<?php echo base_url(); ?>assets/default/js/libs/select2-4.0.2.full.min.js"></script>
    <script src="<?php echo base_url(); ?>assets/default/js/libs/dropzone-4.3.0.min.js"></script>
1 Like

I tried wat you said but still i cannot see the dropdown to add clients. I added the third line. do i need to replace all lines .

Add this line after line 40 that is make this line 41

<script src="<?php echo base_url(); ?>assets/default/js/libs/bootstrap-typeahead.js"></script>

please note that in the user accounts form the user,company,email,address,password,verify password & user type should be manually entered it can be anything so it will not be grabbed form the database… Make sure you give the right email address because that will be used to login.

after filling this information you with get an option to add client and while you type the first letter of the existing client the full name will grabbed from the database automatically if you have added the above line as instructed. You can then click on it and give submit and then close that window you can see that the client will then be added to the client access area then click save. This will add new user to invoiceplane.

Note : email address given in the user account form may be different form the email address given in the client form that does not matter… client form mail address is used to grab the mail address while sending email to the client while the mail address used in the user account form is used to login to view invoices etc… But it is recommended to use same email address for both user accounts form and client form just to avoid any confusion and smooth functioning… :slight_smile:

There is no need to add any code if you are using v1.5.3

Simply add user as guest

in the user list you will see an option “Assigned clients” click on it, click on add new then assign your client