Using mPDF functions within templates

Kia ora Kovah

I’m creating a set of invoice/quote templates for sharing with the community and I’d really like to use one of the mPDF functions (watermark) within the invoice overdue and paid templates.

$mpdf->SetWatermarkText('PAID');

When I use it in the template it breaks it. I’ve tried it with and without enclosing it in <?php ?> but without success.

Any pointers you could give me would be great!

Cheers
Toherangi

The mPdf functions can’t be used in the templates. You have to add this to the mpdf_helper.php file in the helper directory before the PDF generation.

I know that this is quite old but i have a solution for the watermark text.
Since i was looking also a way to display a watermark on the invoice i started writing the css code and i found out that mPdf doesnt support rgba(r,g,b,a) color in text. No matter what you put as an alpha channel it is always set to 1 => full opacity.
While searching the mPdf documents i found out that it has a function SetWaterMarkText() which suddenly we cant use from our php. But instead of that mPdf also has the “watermarktext” which we can use directly in our php code like this <watermarktext content="Text as watermark" alpha="0.4" />. For this to work we also need to edit the mpdf_helper.php file and add the line $mpdf->showWatermarkText = true; before the WriteHTML() call.
The above will add a 45 degrees rotated text in the whole page as a watermark. Unfortunately this wont work if someone wants to add a watermark at a specific position in the pdf.

I hope that this will help someone else also and give some ideas on the developers to add in the next version, something like “Show Invoice Watermark” and “Watermark Text :” in the invoice settings.

Regards

1 Like