E-Mail Templates & Custom Fields (wrong value)

Currently on v1.6.1 and have a question about Custom Fields.

I created a custom field with multiple choices and added that to the Client. I can fill them in perfectly:

Then I want to reference them in the e-mail that has the invoice as attachment:
2024-08-22_11-36-01

As you can see, for the Custom Fields that has a normal text value, they are displayed, for the one with a choice, it gives me the number of field instead of the text. Anybody some tips for this?

Thanks,
Thomas

I think you have to make an extra join to the custom field values table.

What would be the syntax? I can see that for the pdf there is an array, but for email there is just a drop-down menu of variables.

Can you show me the sql that’s used at the moment? I think there’s a table custom_field_values that needs to be joined in

Is there SQL involved? It is done by the default template editor for emails: this is the template :slight_smile:

Beste {{{client_surname}}},

Hartelijk dank voor de inschrijving voor de zwemlessen bij Aquablue! We zijn blij u te mogen verwelkomen en kijken ernaar uit om {{{ip_cf_1}}} te helpen bij het leren en verbeteren van zwemvaardigheden.

Bevestiging Inschrijving:

• Naam van het kind: {{{ip_cf_1}}}
  • Geboortedatum: {{{ip_cf_6}}}
  • Lesniveau: {{{ip_cf_3}}}
  • Lessenreeks: {{{ip_cf_2}}}
  • Startdatum: {{{ip_cf_4}}}

Betalingsinformatie: Voor de aanvang van de lessen verzoeken wij u vriendelijk om de betaling van het lesgeld te voldoen. Hieronder vindt u de details voor de betaling:

• Bedrag: {{{invoice_balance}}}
  • Bankrekeningnummer: snip
  • Naam rekeninghouder: snip
  • Betalingskenmerk: {{{ip_cf_1}}} + {{{ip_cf_2}}}

Wij verzoeken u het verschuldigde bedrag uiterlijk 14 dagen voor aanvang van de lessen over te maken. Zodra de betaling is ontvangen, is de inschrijving definitief en ontvangt u een bevestiging en verdere praktische informatie.

Mocht u vragen hebben over de inschrijving of de betaling, aarzel dan niet om contact met ons op te nemen via snip of snip.

We kijken ernaar uit om {{{ip_cf_1}}} te zien tijdens de lessen!

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jill Collier

Aquablue

1 Like

It is this for example: {{{ip_cf_3}}} that returns a numeric value of the field instead of value name

1 Like

ip_cf_3 is probably “custom_field” 3.
I think we need an extra join.

I now know it’s an email template.
I should have seen thag earlier, sorry

So, there is no way to do this in the template itself? I should join them in a table in SQL and then use that as a variable?

My knowledge of SQL and programming languages is not on top for that :slight_smile: I’ll make the custom fields free text and then we’ll copy-paste them into it for now.

Thanks for the replies, I really (and genuinely) appreciate it!

1 Like