IP 1.6 stable (Failed to parse dotenv file)

I am attempting to install a clean 1.6 stable version onto my local host. I’m following the instructions and at step 3, my setup page returned this:

Fatal error: Uncaught Dotenv\Exception\InvalidFileException: Failed to parse dotenv file. Encountered an invalid name at [<?php exit('No direct script access allowed'); ?>]. in W:\wamp\www\donyaCo\ip\vendor\vlucas\phpdotenv\src\Parser\Parser.php on line 30

I looked around the forum to see if others had similar issues but nothing found. I’m running php 8.1.13.

Hey man!
Welcome back!

Open up your ipconfig.php file and place a ‘#’ in front of the <?php (whatever it ways there)

I have a references for you with basically the same solution:

Next, you might run into 2 things:

Current version in development branch is v1.6.1-beta-2

Beta 3 is on its way.
They have the PDF problem and that pesky ipconfig.php problem resolved

1 Like

That worked. Thx. Recommend adding that to the readme file (e.g. Step 4b. Comment out the top line…)

Now i have 1.6.0 running and did some quick checks, I noticed the pdf generator is extremely slow in Chrome but supper efficient in MS Edge.

Yea, my client has been using IP for a while now. Got it all customized like he wants; lots of new features but his host is now charging to sustain PHP 7.4 so he pressed me to find a cure for the old IP. All my custom modules fit right in. Got lots of testing to do then I’ll push it to production server hopefully next week.

Thx UnderDog!

1 Like

All my custom modules fit right in

Check your PM