SMS API Intergration?

Hi Im a Invoiceplane user for my lil company, I need help following,

I need to send a sms to customer once i create an invoice in the system,

I need to sedn a sms when i mark a payment complete

How cna i do it please help me

Hi, at the moment InvoicePlane does not support sending SMSs out of the box. You must code it yourself (some interface that hooks to the status changes of the invoices).

1 Like

There is a workaroud to solve this.

Many mobile networks have E-mail alias for mobile phone, which bounce to SMS after arrival, as well, there is a possibility you install somewhere your docked or undocked processor/parser (there are many of such on github look it up), linked to e.g.special E-mail account e.g. sms.parser@domain

When you send Quote or Invoice to this E-mail, with subject being phone number, (remember text data should be trimmed to 160 characters, or split into multiple E-mails). We imagine you want to send guest url for Invoice to SMS. If URL is too long it could be shortened by something like Yourls.

Subject could be used to enter number to which you want to send something, and Message text when sms.parser receives it would be bounced, parsed and bounced and report sent if delivery was OK or not.

That parser could then extract data from your E-mail sent to sms.parser, repack it and send via SMS. In your case information on Invoice, and later another information on payment. Guest URL has 3 statuses. Invoices have also internal status if it is liquidated/paid). If you use E-mail of the parser for client E-mail data, parser could also parse paid information E-mail to sent sms notification as well in similar manner.

Using 3rd party SMS gateways this way could be possible with using proper E-mail addresses to send data to. Accordingly such gateway would return a report of succssessfull delivery you need to know how to use as well.