[Solved] ERROR - Severity: 8192 - mysql_pconnect(): The mysql extension is deprecated

i get this error and its only showing white screen

-------------------------------------------------------   ERROR  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR - 2015-08-28 16:42:09 --> Severity: 8192  --> mysql_pconnect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead public_html/system/database/drivers/mysql/mysql_driver.php 92

has anybody had this error before

@smora

What PHP version you are running? And what mySQL version ?

@maufdez79

Below are the version of PHP and MySQL

PHP Version : 5.5.27

MySQL Version : 5.6.23

Change the file /application/config/database.php Line 55 from

$db['default']['dbdriver'] = 'mysql';

to

$db['default']['dbdriver'] = 'mysqli';

already did and nothing happends

Hi,

it just displays everything in blank page not even 404 error appears

Hi, @Kovah

I found the error so if anybody else has the error you can tell them if they made changes to the language files to unzip the installation files and copy the entire language folder and replace it that’s what fixed the error for me. It can take me time but i look down into my errors im not and expert programmer but i find my ways around on finding errors and debugging. Weird error but that was it.

Hope it can help other with the same error.

Thanks and Regards

Thanks.
That’s a really weird bug and I can’t imagine how a language string could affect the MySQL transactions…

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.