Installed Version 1.4 and changed language => Crashed Bug?

Hi invoiceplane,

I installed version 1.4 (newest). After my setup I went to settings and changed the language to german. But unfortunately there aren‘t other language folders & ressources. Why do you put an option live, when there‘s no source? After a new server request the whole system isn‘t starting well because of the missing files.

Thanks for the reply,

Simon

Hi,

what did you mean with “there aren‘t other language folders & ressources” ? Are there no folders in “/languages”? Maybe the online file missing is the “custom_lang.php” in the german language folder.
See here

Please make sure that the file custom_lang.php exists in the folder of the language you want to use.
Unfortunately the file was excluded while updating the languages to the latest versions.

Hi to everybody,

By the way. Great project. I love invoiceplane!
Here‘s a screenshot of the file structure. I can‘t see any german folder? Where can I get the languages

I mention the trouble is causing because of the missing folders & ressources? You should really integrate a ‘try/catch statement‘ to get sure users can even access the system without any other language files. Otherwise the whole system gets corrupted. :wink:

Bye,
SImon

@chdhesi0 What the hell are all these files in there???
There should only be three files:

• ip_lang.php
  • custom_lang.php and
  • merchant_lang.php

All other files are useless as they will be not loaded.
Just make sure that these three files exists and everything will be fine. :blush:

Hey Kovah,

What the dude? :smile: Please, download your last stable version: https://invoiceplane.com/download/v1.4.0 these files are all in this package from your official site. Again: Where are the other languages? Do I have to copy these files in seperate language folders? Please provide these files. I can‘t find them. lol :blush:

Thanks a lot to you guys,

Simon

straight inside the zip file for me too.

1 Like

Ah, I know what’s the problem. You opened the CodeIgniter internal language files.
The only language files used by the app itself (and the one we can control) are located in /application/language/

Please do not touch the files you found.

1 Like

Hi to everybody,

Okay, now I got it! Ohhh lala. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I have to copy from the english dir the missing file. Why you don‘t fix this? But okay now it works well.

Thanks aaaa lot,

SImon

It’s already fixed, they are included in the updated package.