Error 500 when add an attachment to an invoice

Hello,

I read entire documentation and the comunity other related topics, but there is no error in the invoiceplane logs which it is activated and Apache didn’t show any error.

1. Reviewed the permissions on the web server, seems ok.
    /var/www/invoiceplane/uploads# ls -la
    total 28
    drwxrwxrwx 6 www-data www-data 4096 Aug 6 12:38 .
    drwxr-xr-x 6 www-data www-data 4096 Jul 30 09:35 …
    drwxrwxrwx 2 www-data www-data 4096 Aug 11 15:16 archive
    drwxrwxrwx 2 www-data www-data 4096 Jun 21 07:23 customer_files
    drwxrwxrwx 2 www-data www-data 4096 Jun 21 07:23 import
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 www-data www-data 32 Jun 21 07:23 remove.txt
    drwxrwxrwx 2 www-data www-data 4096 Jun 21 07:23 temp

2. Apache Access+error logs nothing reported.
    xx.xx.xx.xx - - [25/Aug/2015:09:25:26 -0400] “POST /invoiceplane/upload/upload_file/3/2rDgLLi6ofmrgLe HTTP/1.1” 500 397 “https://bob.virtualhostcr.com/invoiceplane/invoices/view/12” “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0”

3. Logs from invoiceplane didn’t report any error:

This is the result from the front page.

Attached my log file.

log-2015-08-25.php (51.2 KB)

Additional information:

/var/www/invoiceplane/uploads# php-config          
Usage: /usr/bin/php-config [OPTION]
Options:
  --prefix            [/usr]
  --includes          [-I/usr/include/php5 -I/usr/include/php5/main -I/usr/include/php5/TSRM -I/usr/include/php5/Zend -I/usr/include/php5/ext -I/usr/include/php5/ext/date/lib ]
  --ldflags           [ -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu]
  --libs              [-lcrypt   -lz -lresolv -lcrypt -ldb -lbz2 -lz -lpcre -lrt -lm -ldl -lnsl  -lxml2 -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lssl -lcrypto -lxml2 -lssl -lcrypto -lxml2 -lxml2 -lcrypt -lxml2 -lxml2 -lxml2 -lxml2 -lcrypt ]
  --extension-dir     [/usr/lib/php5/20090626]
  --include-dir       [/usr/include/php5]
  --man-dir           [/usr/share/man]
  --php-binary        [/usr/bin/php]
  --php-sapis         [cli apache2handler]
  --phpapi            [20090626]
  --configure-options [--prefix=/usr --with-apxs2=/usr/bin/apxs2 --with-config-file-path=/etc/php5/apache2 --with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php5/apache2/conf.d --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --disable-debug --with-regex=php --disable-rpath --disable-static --with-pic --with-layout=GNU --with-pear=/usr/share/php --enable-calendar --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-sysvmsg --enable-bcmath --with-bz2 --enable-ctype --with-db4 --without-gdbm --with-iconv --enable-exif --enable-ftp --with-gettext --enable-mbstring --with-pcre-regex=/usr --enable-shmop --enable-sockets --enable-wddx --with-libxml-dir=/usr --with-zlib --with-kerberos=/usr --with-openssl --enable-soap --enable-zip --with-mhash=yes --with-exec-dir=/usr/lib/php5/libexec --with-system-tzdata --with-mysql-sock=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock --without-mm --with-curl=shared,/usr --with-enchant=shared,/usr --with-zlib-dir=/usr --with-gd=shared,/usr --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-gmp=shared,/usr --with-jpeg-dir=shared,/usr --with-xpm-dir=shared,/usr/X11R6 --with-png-dir=shared,/usr --with-freetype-dir=shared,/usr --enable-intl=shared --with-ttf=shared,/usr --with-t1lib=shared,/usr --with-ldap=shared,/usr --with-ldap-sasl=/usr --with-mysql=shared,/usr --with-mysqli=shared,/usr/bin/mysql_config --with-pspell=shared,/usr --with-unixODBC=shared,/usr --with-recode=shared,/usr --with-xsl=shared,/usr --with-snmp=shared,/usr --without-sqlite --with-sqlite3=shared,/usr --with-mssql=shared,/usr --with-tidy=shared,/usr --with-xmlrpc=shared --with-pgsql=shared,/usr]
  --version           [5.3.10-1ubuntu3.18]
  --vernum            [50310]

Package: apache2
Priority: optional
Section: httpd
Installed-Size: 29
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com
Architecture: amd64
Version: 2.2.22-1ubuntu1.9

/var/www/invoiceplane/uploads# mysql -V        
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.43, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.2

Hi,

had the same issues a while ago. Problem was, that the server, that ran InvoicePlane was using PHP 5.3. For InvoicePlane you need 5.4 or 5.5.

Try to update the PHP version on your server and I should work like a charm again.

@visualcookie

You were right. I have updated PHP to 5.5 and worked as a charm. Thank you.