InvoicePlane 2. The next Step for the Project

I forgot to make my point in my previous post… It was getting late, that’s why I guess. Anyway, here I go again.

Applications like yours Kovac are why I fell in love with web development somewhere in the late 90’s. They’re smart (I don’t care about messy code, even though I can see that’s a reason to give up development), small, easy to learn, host, maintain. And they just work… on each and every device you 'd possible want to use.

There are 2 things you need to take care of: fixing bugs and security issues. I am not aware of any at this point, but make sure to fix them, even if it’s silently behind our backs.

Finally, apps like IP need a community. In a way, you’re not alone to make the decisions about v2. I would personally NOT develop v2. Develop 1.6 and cleanup your code little by little. Make sure it runs a little faster in Windows servers, just the name something.

There are some options for you to make a living out of IP: start a hosting business, raise money through crowd funding, charge for updates, create a PRO version you charge for…

But above all: you need users. And you only get users if you give away 99% away for free. That’s how it works these days.

Good luck Kovac!

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: InvoicePlane 2 - Discussion & Feature Requests