Allow more decimal places to be set

Hi,
I would like to request the ability to have a higher precision in the unit price
i.e. 0.02925

It will be good if future releases allow for this.

Last Update: 10.11.2017

Already available as a patch but it’s not tested with the latest version so proceed with caution!

https://development.invoiceplane.com/browse/IP-173

That is wonderful news. I will setup a test environment to try this.

Hi Kovah,

The alter script changes the item_quantity to 4 decimal places and not the item_price
ALTER TABLE ip_invoice_items MODIFY COLUMN item_quantity decimal(10,4);

My test scenario:

For the unit price to change to 6 decimal places I think we have to do the following
ALTER TABLE ip_invoice_items MODIFY COLUMN item_price decimal(10,6);

I think 6 decimal places should cover the values precisely.
It will be good if there is an option to change system settings and allow the user to key in precision similar to the tax rate.

Oh okay sorry

Please. This is a wonderful system and we can only but try to understand.

Hi,

Based on your sample I have done the following trying to achieve higher precision:-

Using Version 1.2.1 as base and sample from Kovah
Assuming Item quantity requires 4 decimal places
Assuming Item Price requires 6 decimal places

• Add database script to change Invoice item_quantity to 4 decimals

• Add database script to change Invoice item_price to 6 decimals

• Add database script to change Quote item_quantity to 4 decimals

• Add database script to change Quote item_price to 6 decimals

• Add database script to change Product product_price to 6 precision for float

• Add database script to change Product purchase_price to 6 precision for float

• change number_helper.php - function format_amount add precision for decimals - default 2

Invoice Views

• partial_item_table.php for invoice views - 4 decimals for item_quantity and 6 decimals for item_price

Quote Views

• partial_item_table.php for quote views - 4 decimals for item_quantity and 6 decimals for item_price

Products Views - format_currency —> change to format_amount with 6 decimal places for product_price
-index.php
-modal_product_lookups.php

Guest View - format_currency —> change to format_amount with 6 decimal places for item_price

• invoices_view.php
  • quotes_view.php

Pending

• Public Views ?

• Generated Pdf for Invoices ?

• Generated PDF for Quotes ?

I am unable to find the 3 pending items to modify.

Would you be able to point me in the right direction for the 3 pending items i.e which folder to modify.

:grin: